Top Shelf Aquatics

Sapphire skimmer for 24 gal AP (PLEASE HELP)

ocean motion

ocean motion

I just received the sapphire skimmer and have a few questions on how to rig this p.o.s. up.... Seems like I'm gonna have to do something else to keep the water low in the return chamber while keeping the display level high so it doesn't look like crap...How do you guys that have the sapphire above the water line, while at the same time have the collection cup high enough for a dry skimmate, and being able to shut the stock lid??? Man what a pain :angry: Thanks again!

they arent the best so if its returnable on that size tank i would consider going without.

however to answer your question you can fit it in the back next to the return pump if you play withh the powerhead portion of it so it is directly underneath the skimmer. thats where i considered putting mine before i ditched it.

ocean motion
they arent the best so if its returnable on that size tank i would consider going without.

however to answer your question you can fit it in the back next to the return pump if you play withh the powerhead portion of it so it is directly underneath the skimmer. thats where i considered putting mine before i ditched it.

Yeah... :mellow: thats not an option right now.....

Yeah... :mellow: thats not an option right now.....

yea mine was a gift from my gf and insted of explianing why i didnt want to use it i just have it sitting without a powerhead in the back of the tank to make everyone happy...

I have one, and it works pretty good .. but I agree it was a pain to get the water level just right. I have two MJ900 power heads in the second chamber ... so I had to watch the back water level to make sure they weren't sucking air.

This worked for me ... it might take a bit more playing to get it to work for your. I have all of my intake grates blocked on the right side (with the black pieces of plastic that came with the Aquapod), except for the top two. I took a plastic CD case, and made my own plastic blocker that was about half the height of one of the black pieces of plastic. I put that behind the second from the top grate .. thus I have 1.5 open grates. This keeps the water level at just the right spot in the back for the skimmer to work. I don't get the driest skimmate, but it comes out greenish-brown each morning (I only run the skimmer at night).

Hope this helps.

Archived