Coral Vue Hydros

CAndy Canes bleaching under 9w?

reeferman-chris

reeferman-chris

I got some red ang green candy cane coral( trumpet coral) a few weeks ago and now the red is turning to white.They are in a 3g picotope towards the top. Only 9w over the tank though!! I'm doing a water change and moving them lower today hopefully it helps. ANy ideas or am I right about having them up so high??

I can't say much about the light, but in a tank that small keeping the chemistry stable might be a bigger issue - possibly.

How are you maintaining a temperature? How much is it fluxuating? high/lows, etc?

reeferman-chris
I can't say much about the light, but in a tank that small keeping the chemistry stable might be a bigger issue - possibly.

How are you maintaining a temperature? How much is it fluxuating? high/lows, etc?

I have a 50w Stealth heater in it. The room is climate contolled 24/7 too. Temp is usually steady 80-81 at all times. I have had an issue w/ phosphates recently but I already found the cause of that.

Thanks

reeferman-chris
They need more light.

Well I have a 36w Current but the actinic it shipped with was bad. I already ordered a new one that should be here by Monday. So I'll be setting that up soon. Will the color come back?

Archived