Pod Your Reef

fuge water level

bilge rat

have my 34g cad up and runing

will the fuge level always be lower then the main display?

if not how do i get them to equalize and what am i doing to cause the problem?

thanks

joshuah

Hmm...I posted a reply and it's not here...

Anyway, to recap, your fuge should have enough room for backflow in case the pump stops for whatever reason. You'll get a little more coming from your overflow, but also remember your return will probably back-siphon. Take some of the water out of the fuge, shut off the return, and see how much water comes back down.

Also, the evaporation will show in the fuge and not your display. So that's where you'll need to measure how much water to top off with.

Hope that helps.

-j

Hmm...I posted a reply and it's not here...

Anyway, to recap, your fuge should have enough room for backflow in case the pump stops for whatever reason. You'll get a little more coming from your overflow, but also remember your return will probably back-siphon. Take some of the water out of the fuge, shut off the return, and see how much water comes back down.

Also, the evaporation will show in the fuge and not your display. So that's where you'll need to measure how much water to top off with.

Hope that helps.

-j

i should have been more specific

the cad 34g has a 3 chamber fuge on the back 4.5"L x 24" W x 18.5" H

when the pump is running there is a 1 1/2" diff in h2o level from fuge to main display.....it levels off when pump is off.

i didn't know if that was normal or if i was doing something wrongish?

thanks

joshuah

Archived