Pod Your Reef

new Biocube 14

nana_nana_nano

nana_nana_nano

so i just got a new BC14 yesterday as an early graduation present. i have fallin in love wiht this thing, too bad i have to wait till i get settled in my suite on campus before im able to set this thing up :angry:

but while im waiting, i have a few questions so ill be prepared when the time comes:

i definitely want to change the wet/dry into a fuge so what is the best way to configure it in the back?

i would like to keep some chaeto in the back, is the amount of light that shines into the back chambers sufficient or do i need to upgrade?

i already know that a bubble tip anemone will not do well with the 48w but will a brown sebae do alright?

my 75w stealth heater will not fit in chamber 1 so can i cut the bottom grate or just move it to a different chamber?

thats all i can think of for now, any suggestions on things i can do will be really helpful.

If you want to put a fuge in the back, you'll need to remove the drip tray and bio balls, and put a light either on the top or back (cut away vinyl/ paint) because there isn't enough light spill over. As for the heater, I think the grate can be removed (just wiggle it out) but I suggest buying a smaller heater (50w) as it will be much easier. HTH Congrats! :happy:

bubbles3660

Some rezs have no pet rules - better check first. You wouldn't want to set the whole thing up only to have to break it down again.

--bubbles

nana_nana_nano
Some rezs have no pet rules - better check first. You wouldn't want to set the whole thing up only to have to break it down again.

--bubbles

UNCW allows a tank of no more than 20g.

The BC14 is actuallty just under 10 gallons (9.67) I just set one up and completely bare it took under 10 galls of water, and thats to the MAX fill line on the side

J

Archived