Cultivated Reef

red algae on yellow sponge

mystictank

alexmurovec

in a saltwater tank, sponges aren't meant to be kept. you can rinse it a couple times, but after a week or two, its best just to replace the sponge as a whole. just save your self some work and livestock and just replace the sponge.

in a saltwater tank, sponges aren't meant to be kept. you can rinse it a couple times, but after a week or two, its best just to replace the sponge as a whole. just save your self some work and livestock and just replace the sponge.

This yellowsponge is a coral It is a yellow ball sponge. I don't think i can rinse it.

fraggle rockette

try blowing it with a turkey baster or powerhead- you should be doing this every other week or so anyway when you clean your tank so that it can filter feed w/o gunk in its chambers. shouldn't develop algae if it's working right. also maybe move it to a lower light area of the tank? hth.

try blowing it with a turkey baster or powerhead- you should be doing this every other week or so anyway when you clean your tank so that it can filter feed w/o gunk in its chambers. shouldn't develop algae if it's working right. also maybe move it to a lower light area of the tank? hth.

Okay thanks I'll try that. I try moving it also.

haha i thought you were talking about a yellow filter sponge.
yeah, i was like 'that's a pretty militant stance against sea sponges in the tank' for some reason. :lol:
yeah, i was like 'that's a pretty militant stance against sea sponges in the tank' for some reason. :lol:

I was thinking the same thing :lol: started to question the sponge in my tank...

Archived