Innovative Marine Aquariums

Amphipod eating my polyps

SirTagle

I have a problem with this kinda of amphipod that is eating my polyps. I have 30 gal tank so I am limited as to the type of fish. I believe that a mandrin is too small, of course the LFS insisted that he would be okay. What other fish could help me?

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Have you actually seen it and can confirm it is an amphipod? Do you have any idea of what rock it might be burrowing in?

Have you actually seen it and can confirm it is an amphipod? Do you have any idea of what rock it might be burrowing in?

I can only confirm it by the fact that I seen him personally munching on the base of the polyps and the fact that my polyp bed is thinning out. I doesnt really burrow, he just hangs around the bottom of the polyp bed. He looks like he has a straight yellowish body with brown stripes. He tends to curl his body in a fetal position and moves about the polyps in this fetal position, occasionally he will straighten out. He measures about less 1/8 of an inch. He tends to only eat polyps and stays away from zoas, mushrooms and ricordia.

Archived