Top Shelf Aquatics

Will these zoanthids recover?

Withers

My AoG Next Gens bleached after I first got them, and now their skirts are very long and stringy. What are the chances that they will return to their normal length and is there anything I can do to speed it up?

Pics:

When I first got them:

DSCN4246.jpg

Bleached

DSCN4383.jpg

This was a few weeks ago, they've actually gotten worse since then:

DSCN4611.jpg

What type of flow are they in currently?

In my tank, it seems that zoas get really long skirts in low flow areas. I just started experimenting with placing my long skirted zoas back into high flow to see if it'll reverse the process. fingerscrossed

If not, I'm gonna be ###ed.

In my tank, it seems that zoas get really long skirts in low flow areas. I just started experimenting with placing my long skirted zoas back into high flow to see if it'll reverse the process. fingerscrossed

Really? I've just been told I should put them in a lower flow area, lol. They get a pretty decent amount of flow where they're at now. I'm just going to move them around and hope that the skirts return to normal eventually.

adin, its a good thing?

Edit: I should mention that I don't mean the color, I'm glad thats returning. I'm just talking about the skirts.

MarvinsReef

this should work.. :)

Heh, I've had the opposite experience with all my zoas! Those in high flow seem to get long skirts, and those in lower flow seem to stay nice and compact. Weird. I try to keep them out of the highest flow areas now to keep their "hair" from getting so long that they need hairnets.

Heh, I've had the opposite experience with all my zoas! Those in high flow seem to get long skirts, and those in lower flow seem to stay nice and compact. Weird. I try to keep them out of the highest flow areas now to keep their "hair" from getting so long that they need hairnets.

IME this should be the norm. ;)

Ahhhh conflicting info! omgomgomg

Since they're already in a high flow area I'm going to go with the extreme opposite and place them in one of the lowest flow spots in the tank. We'll see what happens.

Archived