Cultivated Reef

I need a little help please!

AVALover5498

AVALover5498

I just purchased my new 2.5 AGA tank a little while ago and I just wanted to post the plans I have for my tank and the equipment and hopefuly you guys/gals can tell me if I have everything or if I'm missing something.

Equipment:

2.5 AGA Tank

Coralife Mini Aqualight

6-1 Quick Dip Test Strips

Digital thermometer

Zoo-Med 501 79 GPH Turtle Filter (had lying around)

Pre-Packaged Catalina Real Ocean water for all water changes and water for whole system.

Stock List:

3lbs Live Rock

2-3lbs Live Sand

Maybe a Blue Striped Neon Goby

Lots of corals! :D

So is that everything?

Thanx everyone.

Best Regards,

-Chris-

Yes this is everything you need. I have the same tank and I run without a heater. The light raises the temperature to 79 and at night it drops to 77-78. Good Plan.

AVALover5498
Yes this is everything you need. I have the same tank and I run without a heater. The light raises the temperature to 79 and at night it drops to 77-78. Good Plan.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I've heard several people say that light runs kinda hot so I was gonna wait on the heater and see. Hey, it saves me an extra 15 bucks I don't mind at all! :D

Do you have a fts I could see. I can't wait to get this tank set up....I'm SOOOOOOOOOO excited. :)

-Chris-

Some say Catalina water sucks. They say it has tons of nitrates and phosphates. I cant back it up with actual threads, but I know I have read it more than once. Just something to think about.

AVALover5498
Some say Catalina water sucks. They say it has tons of nitrates and phosphates. I cant back it up with actual threads, but I know I have read it more than once. Just something to think about.

Thanx, I'll have to look into it. All the reviews I've read says it's great. I just have to dig a little deeper I guess.

-Chris-

AVALover5498
These are not nearly accurate enough for your purposes.

I guess I'm getting all the wrong equipment..... :o What test kits would you recommend?

-Chris-

I guess I'm getting all the wrong equipment..... :o What test kits would you recommend?

-Chris-

I like Salifert kits but I have seen posts from others who have had success with other brands.

Archived