Pod Your Reef

Building a sump

DudE31

Well i am aboutt to start the build for my sump and i have a few questions.

1. How thick should the acrylic be?

2. What return pump should i use ? (0-110$ budget)

3. What should i use to hold this together ?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

use glass. bonding acrylic is a p.i.t.a. if it holds it usually doesnt last. :)

not much difference in price either. :)

#3 silicone

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

same thickness as the glass the aquariums constructed with. a mag 5-9.5 would be a good choice for a return pump.

i was going to use a tank for the sump but i want to hide the sump behind my display tank and there is not enough room for a tank so im going to build it myself

well im probably going with the mag drive 2 then .. 500gph (which seems a bit much ... i will install a closed loop or some spray bars or something lol ) and its only 89.99$

thats good to hear ... but the more i think about this the more i think im crazy for doing it for one little fish :D ... well maybe a few extra fish ... but my main goal is to set all of this up before the beggining of summer ... dosing the tank with phyto, pods and adding a ton of macro and lr and then getting a mandarin at the end of the summer and hopefully training it onto mysis lol

well i just received an email from hagen saying that my tank is drill able / cuttable i just need to know how to do it ... i don't want to pay to get it done or have to wait 2+ days for it to get done so my next question is how can i cut the glass .... to make an overflow system?

Archived