Pod Your Reef

Irresponsible Seller. Absinthe. be aware before buying

Kigs

Probably should have seen it coming. ...

Different forums. Same seller and items sold over the forums. Worst service I've ever recieved, even after admitting his mistakes... Giving other reefers out there a fair warning before purchasing from him. Just in case anything goes wrong, don't expect anything from him... Or hopefully he will treat others in a better way so he can improve his crappy image he showed me.

Read Here

FYI: Paypal allows you to add additional addresses under your account. For example, I have a home address and then my dorm address listed. Then when I make a paypal purchase it asks me if I'd like the item to be shipped to my primary address or the dorm address. The address you select is the only one that appears on the print slip and then the seller knows exactly where you want it shipped.

You both kind of are at fault here. Yes, absinthe ended up getting it to the wrong address, but had the address you actually wanted the package to go to appeared on the print slip, this would have never happened. There additionally is a comments box on the invoice were you could have reminded him to ship it the other address.

Not to mention some sellers will ONLY ship to the address that appears on the print slip due to people hijacking paypal accounts and trying to email them address changes and what not.

Now what is absinthe supposed to do here? He didn't remember the address from the PM and you didn't give him the correct address through paypal. I don't know that it is fair to say one person is more or less at fault.

Hopefully absinthe will be a nice guy/gal and give you a partial refund, maybe you both can split the loss, but I don't know that it is fair to say he is totally at fault and should fully reimburse you.

I read the first two pages on that other thread. I ship lots of corals during the week, and sometimes I get confused and miss things like that. Bashing me and showing details of a PRIVATE transaction would be a sure fire way for me to keep your money and not even consider the refund. I think your out of line myself until you show me other wise.

Yeah dude you arent winning any points. It seems to me that Absinthe made an honest mistake, and I dont blame him for being hesitant to help you out since you are now screwing his name on a second forum.

You are mad at yourself for giving him the wrong address in payapl, you should have been more careful. Absinthe should have too. You are both equally to blame because you both made a mistake in this. Stop taking your frusteration at absinthe out on him publically--- not winning you any favors.

Um...Absinthe is a standup guy who would not rip anyone off...You must have given him the wrong place. It happens, we all click through paypal way to fast guess this is a wakeup call..I doubt he is scamming you for money..after all he is an M.D.

That's weird---Is Absinthe --- Nuhtty???

That name jp(last name)---I have bought something from him under a different screen name here.

Damn you dragged this over here from CZ!!

you are going to get the same responses here that you did there.

you should have updated you shipping address in Paypal control center before sending payment.

my billing and shipping are different and know one ever asks me if it is going anywhere else i shout it from the roof tops till i have acknowledgment that they know what the address is and can recite it in there sleep.

Like i have said I am not a huge fan of Abs but you dropped the ball here change addy first send payment with the changed addy in the comments field. shoot nonstop PM's until he says ok this is where the package is going.

Bad Monkey...BAD

19 pages on CZ--it musta got heated.

If you provided the wrong address---well then you stink and it's your fault.

I'm more excited that we found Nuhtty!!!

19 pages on CZ--it musta got heated.

If you provided the wrong address---well then you stink and it's your fault.

I'm more excited that we found Nuhtty!!!

WHA????? WHERE IS NUHTTY????

simple process

change addy

send payment

when he clicks print shipping label Vella whole thing would have went smooth as butter. lol

why does Nuhtty sound familiar?

Nah the thread over on CZ turned in a joke quick and most people including myself just used it to pad our thread count a bit :)

I agree with lgreen and basically everyone here. You are both at fault. but i really think that you are the one who has more fault here. You should really make sure that you updated your paypal account with the correct address. Lots of people get there paypal accounts hijacked so I would have only shipped to a paypal confirmed address anyways. So count your loss as a great big learning experience in life. Please stop trashing this guy for doing what most people on these forums would have done. I really do not see why you are holding him responsible for a mistake that he really could not control.

The title of this thread should be changed to:

"Don't sell to kigs---they don't even know their own address."

Duh--That's hilarious. This isn't the sellers fault---they were only shipping where you told them to. Would you have slammed them if the colors of the coral didn't match what you had in mind for the decor of your tank too?

A buyer who does that is a clear dumbass.

Duh--That's hilarious. This isn't the sellers fault---they were only shipping where you told them to.

Ummm, no, they told the seller in a PM which address to send it to (the correct one) which was responded to with "Ok, no problem" by the seller.

IMO BOTH are at "some" fault.

For future reference kigs you really do need to add the correct address to Paypal, it is not surprising that some sellers would not want to ship to an unverified address because they lose their Paypal protection by doing so.

Ummm, no, they told the seller in a PM which address to send it to (the correct one) which was responded to with "Ok, no problem" by the seller.

IMO BOTH are at "some" fault.

For future reference kigs you really do need to add the correct address to Paypal, it is not surprising that some sellers would not want to ship to an unverified address because they lose their Paypal protection by doing so.

Don't go clouding this thing up with facts now!!!

I didn't read that far!!!

Stratusfaction....lol!!

Scott Riemer
I agree with Igreen

It's lgreen. (Just looking out for ya "L". ;) )

There's enough blame for both parties. I completely disagree with the way kigs is handling this, though.

Edit: kigs, did Absinthe respond to the PM which contained the desired shipping address? Why didn't you change it on PayPal or at least add it in the special instructions box?

HammyDavisJr

Clearly you haven't ordered much online via Paypal or with a credit card.

You ALWAYS keep your account up to date with your current shipping and billing information. You are just asking for trouble (and found it) if you don't keep it up to date.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a life that doesn't always allow me to apply 100% attention to detail.

You can make an argument similar to "if you are going to sell stuff make sure you get the details right" but you need to follow that up with "if you are going to buy stuff, caveat emptor and make sure you elimate any possibility of mix-ups from your end".

Sending an addy in a PM is fine, but not including it with the notes in the paypal payment is dumb. Both parties are at fault.

I think someone would have to really screw me over for me to flame them on this, or any board. Most of the time its a complicated situation and both parties are at fault or one party doesnt tolerate any mistakes. I would always think twice before trashing someone because 9 out of 10 times you make yourself look like the fool.

Archived