Innovative Marine Aquariums

Astralux 14KK 70W MH bulbs

epicfish

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for getting this buy together I hope you sold all you had!

Do you have an ETA on the arrival of the bulbs?

thanks

Kratie

(JD)

epicfish,

* if i buy one today, when can i expect to get the bulb?

* how much do this bulb normally cost?

the only reason i am asking the cost is because if i am not saving much and can't get them within a couple of week, i might consider just buy from somewhere else and get them faster. i am sure $47 is a great deal but if it will be a long wait (> month) then i need to reconsider.

thanks!

Esabasard

Hey just asking again if any information is known about the status of the bulbs. I don't mean to be impatient, but it has been almost two weeks since you started collecting money.

Helfrichs Chick

Ok I am new to halide, and I have a 70w viper... my question is.... I have heard that the JBJ bulbs SUCK as far as par is concerned. Now if I replace the bulb only with a better bulb, I heard astralux was a good bulb, does the par increase.... or is par also related to the balast??

Make any sense? I guess I wonder if the bulb will be brighter, better all around or if the balast limits the power actually going to the bulb, making the par output the same for all 70watters.

I know clear as mud. Anyone have an idea on this?

I'm confused Epicfish your first post said a friends LFS was ordering these april 9th and you wouldnt take payments untill they were close to delivery! Then you told us they were ordered on the 22nd and after we paid you then you said the bulbs were just ordered this was 28th. Im pretty sure I wouldnt of ordered the bulbs knowing I wasnt going to get the bulbs a month after the first email.

If Im mistaken I'm sorry but this is what I gather after reading this thread a few more times.

JD

I'm confused Epicfish your first post said a friends LFS was ordering these april 9th and you wouldnt take payments untill they were close to delivery! Then you told us they were ordered on the 22nd and after we paid you then you said the bulbs were just ordered this was 28th. Im pretty sure I wouldnt of ordered the bulbs knowing I wasnt going to get the bulbs a month after the first email.

If Im mistaken I'm sorry but this is what I gather after reading this thread a few more times.

JD

People were asking me in PM whether the order was placed or not. I guess I wasn't clear in my post on April 28th. They were ordered previously. The shipper mistakenly checked inventory on the 8800K bulbs and not the 14,000K bulbs and quoted an incorrect ship date on the bulbs. They were estimating the bulbs to arrive at the end of April at the latest. However, since they checked inventory on the wrong item and due to the size of the correct order, they've been backordered and won't be shipping until the middle of this month.

I apologize for the delay in the buy...if you have any questions or other concerns, feel free to PM me since I don't check this thread everyday.

Ok I am new to halide, and I have a 70w viper... my question is.... I have heard that the JBJ bulbs SUCK as far as par is concerned. Now if I replace the bulb only with a better bulb, I heard astralux was a good bulb, does the par increase.... or is par also related to the balast??

Make any sense? I guess I wonder if the bulb will be brighter, better all around or if the balast limits the power actually going to the bulb, making the par output the same for all 70watters.

I know clear as mud. Anyone have an idea on this?

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-04/jb/index.php

It depends on both the ballasts and the bulb. :)

coral_addict
Any update on the status of these bulbs?

I PM Epicfish and still no response. Did he reply back to your guys? Hmmm.......hopefully he's not in Vegas with our dough. =) I think I'm going to the LFS tomorrow to get another bulb just in case I don't get this one within the next 2 weeks. My existing bulbs don't look too hot anymore.

coral_addict
I'm in the same boat. I think I'm going to buy another online

Anyone have any luck with EPIC Fish replying to your PM? I hope he is just busy.

coral_addict

This is some of the PM message I got from another Nano Reefer.

bulbs Ive pmd EPIC fish also with no response I noticed also by looking in the user options he has been on the board since you first asked two days ago and to make things worse he has a buy in on the board with refractometers and people havent got those either getting scared now...

Kratie

(JD Smith)

I just PM Epicfish again. If he don't reply by tomorrow to justify himself, we all should file Fraud against him with Paypal. They will protect us and give us the $$ back. There are other ppl and vendor we can get this bulb from so no need to deal with this guy.

So what's going on, I've tried to PM him and I got no response. He has my money and he is making no effort to do anything constructive in this situation. I just want to know something.

It has been a week since my last post with no response. I still have not gotten a response from my PM. I know his computer must be working because he posted on the refractometer group buy. If the bulbs are not here, fine, just let us know something please. It has been a month since I paid and to be left in the dark like this is pretty frustrating.

They're here. Here's the response to my PM.

Hey Susan,

Not done with exams yet. *sigh*

Bulbs JUST came in today...I finished unwrapping them not more than 20 minutes ago. LOL.

29 May 2007 03:39 LOS ANGELES - UNITED STATES Out for Delivery

29 May 2007 03:38 LOS ANGELES - UNITED STATES Arrived Hub

26 May 2007 12:02 ONTARIO - UNITED STATES In Transit to Destination

26 May 2007 00:33 ONTARIO - UNITED STATES Arrived Hub

They'll be out by the end of the week. You'll get them next week! :)

Thanks for taking on the headache for us here as well. :flower:

Archived