Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

micro bubbles

skyler

i have a bc 29 with a rio Hf6 , I cannt seem to get rid of the micro bubbles. can anyone help me with some ideas. its been running for 3 days :mellow:

can you see them without looking too close?

I use a flashlight and shine across the output nozzle and i see micro bubbles too. I dont know if thats normal or what.

whats in your filters? I have floss in ch1, LR in bottom of 2, and Floss on top. I left the sponge filter in ch 3. I also added more water. I think the bubbles come from ch 2 and into 3 but not fast enough and I think thats where the bubbles come from. I put zip ties on both ends of the tube on the pump and i still get micro bubbles. in my thread in my link shows the pics of the tank.

remember to turn everything off before working in your tank though..

Mike

i have my heater and chem pure in chamber1, chamber2 is my protien skimmer and chamber3is my rio

How long have you had the prottien skimmer?

That might be the issue.

If its worth anything.... I have a Red Sea Max and had the same problem. It was driving me nuts.

Just over two weeks into it with slight bio load on the skimmer (clean up crew etc)and the tank settling into its cycle they completely went away......

5 days

From what I've read in these forums (many topics on this) new skimmers tend to go through a breaking in period and the bubbles should go away in time. I bet it's still frustrating to watch.

good Luck!

Do you have a safire skimmer. If so, that is what is causing it. If you look where the water falls betwen the skimmer, you will see the small bubbles in there. It will stop shortly.

hi.

i have the same problem. i have done tons and tons of reading about it and someone above already gave the answer.

it will take up to 2-3 weeks for the skimmer to prime it self. once its done that the bubbles will stop if the skimmer is the only problem.

you may want to cut back some of the filter if its reducing water flow to much.

here goes a pic of my tank. its about 5 days old and you can see the micro bubbles quite clearly.

i have pretty confident that they will clear up by the end of the month.

good luck!

post-27335-1176389794_thumb.jpg

My bubbles are not caused by the skimmer. If I turn off the skimmer the volume of bubbles does not change (even after 12 hours). I need to soften the waterfall from section 1 to 2...

would love to get a solution as well....mine aren't that bad...had the tank up for about a 1 1/2 months...seems to have been cut down dramatically, but i can still seem (ughhhhhhhh!)

I placed a piece of sponge between the skimmer body and chamber 1 and 2 wall. This eliminated the water fall sound. It also took about a week for my bubbles to go away.

Just give it some time...... with more bioload itll help "gunk" up the skimmer and youll get less and less bubbles.....

I used to get an aquaclear filter sponge and cut it to size and put it right after the wall from one to two, helped with the waterfall a ton. Theres not going to be a perfect sized one, just buy a larger one and trim it to fit. It doesnt slow down the water, just makes it so it doesnt drop into the second chamber, instead it trickles down into it..... only problem is itll catch more debris, which means another piece to change every so often when it gets dirty...

ah...might not mind the extra piece to change, as i removed the insert that comes with the bio cube...the only sponge i have is the one between chamber 2 & 3. I have my purigen in chamber 1. thanks for the info, i'll give that a try as well.

Goddess7734
i have a bc 29 with a rio Hf6 , I cannt seem to get rid of the micro bubbles. can anyone help me with some ideas. its been running for 3 days :mellow:

I have been having the same problem these last few days.

First what does the back of your tank look like?

What I have done is replace the bioballs in the 2nd chamber with live rock and covered that with floss (this also makes it a little quieter). Also, make sure the blue sponge is stuck in its place in the 3rd chamber.

Second, check to see how much water is in chamber 3, if the level is too low the pump could be creating a vortex above which may be pulling in extra air. Try filling the 3rd chamber over the "maximum" level, to prevent this.

Hope this helps, I'm still a work in progress

~C

Check to see if water is falling from the main display into the third chamber. This will also cause micro bubbles. If this is the case lower your water level.

Try this. Place the air tube from the skimmer underwater in the main tank. Seee if the bubbles dissapear. If so, it is the skimmer. If not you have a problem elsewhere.

Archived