inTank Media Baskets

Randalls goby Vs Yasha Hasha goby

firstimereefer

firstimereefer

I have a choice between getting either one they are the same price and I can't make up my mind. Suggestions would be nice.

i love my randall's but what price are we talking about? i like yashas too and personally if I were you id go for it. i've heard they are more of a jumper though.

firstimereefer

Randlass go for about $26 online so I thought that was a good deal for the lfs.

IS one more active then the other?

as far as i've seen, no shrimpgoby is active. I have my randalls paired with a shrimp and its decently active. I watched a yasha at an lfs a few time that hovered in the same spot no matter what was going on, but he looks really cool and are kinda hard to find. go for it, i wish i would have when i had the chance :(

firstimereefer
as far as i've seen, no shrimpgoby is active. I have my randalls paired with a shrimp and its decently active. I watched a yasha at an lfs a few time that hovered in the same spot no matter what was going on, but he looks really cool and are kinda hard to find. go for it, i wish i would have when i had the chance :(

Ok I am sold on it

Good price for a yasha. Good personalities to them too.

If there isn't any overly aggressive fish in your tank, it'll come out a lot/poke its head out a lot more. You can also train it to swim out during feeding time.

jamesnmandy
Randlass go for about $26 online so I thought that was a good deal for the lfs.

IS one more active then the other?

its a good deal here, just got back from my LFS, was looking at a yasha hasha goby, they wanted $50-$60 for him

wow, thats alot for a yasha, i almost got one for $35 but had a large watchman in my 29g at the time so didnt want to do that..... my randalls is in a 5.5g

jamesnmandy
wow, thats alot for a yasha, i almost got one for $35 but had a large watchman in my 29g at the time so didnt want to do that..... my randalls is in a 5.5g

yeah, but this particular one is exclusively saltwater, no freshwater, very very high end everything in this store, all custom acrylic tanks, fuges, skimmers, etc, etc, etc

it's the kind of LFS you never see a dead fish in a tank in and they have more corals than fish by far, and never a dead coral either

I love my yasha he's in my 5.5, just him and his shrimp. He's out all the time and knows when it's supper time that's for sure. I paid $65 for the pair.

firstimereefer

Well I picked up the yasha today from the lfs, I have a candy stripe pistol in the tank so I am hoping the will pair up, The pistol has been on his own for a long time. I hope the yasha will use the tunnels the pistol has already made, especially since its right in the front of the tank.

jamesnmandy
mine too... inland aquatics... if you're ever in indiana... its the place to go.

was just there last week, in southern indiana, right across the river from louisville, ky

lived there for two or three years, nice place

firstimereefer
haha, did you leave after your last post? that was fast.

Yeah I did, the lfs odered it in for me and I was supposed to pick it up yesterday but I had a last minute invite to the cubs vs brewers game.

Archived