Pod Your Reef

Problems w/ 36w lighting

reeferman-chris

reeferman-chris

I just got a Current USA Dual Sattelite 36w 24 hr lighting system for my 3 g pico. Man i was so excited to be upgrading from a 9w stock light. But to my dissmay the 18w dual actinic bulb turns on for like 45 seconds and then shuts off!!! Needless to say I'm super disappointed!!! Any ideas what's going on with this SOB??? Should I get another bulb? Is it the ballast? I'm so lost I wanna curl up in a ball!!!

Thanks,

Chris

reefman5511

Could be a ballast. Switch the bulbs around & see if it works in the other socket. That will tell you what the problem is. If it doesn't light in the other socket, it's the bulb. If it does, it's the ballast. Might also be the switch if there are individual switches.

reeferman-chris
Could be a ballast. Switch the bulbs around & see if it works in the other socket. That will tell you what the problem is. If it doesn't light in the other socket, it's the bulb. If it does, it's the ballast. Might also be the switch if there are individual switches.

Thanks a bunch reefman!!!

Just tried it out and the bulb did the same thing in the other socket. New bulb here I come!!!! Thanks!!!!

Archived