Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Constipated Damsel?

jimmyfly

Hello all, I have a yellow tail Damsel fish that I believe is constipated. I just received him three days ago from a LFS that was feeding nothing but Wardley's Marine Flake. At first he was eating and seemed healthy. Now he is shy, lethargic, wont eat, and seems to have lost his balance. He has poop hanging behind him (95% sure its not a worm) as well as his belly seems a little bloated.

Is there anything I should do to help him? He is my only fish in a 55 gallon at this time. I will start him on a variety on foods imemdiatley. I was thinking of waiting a few days before attempting to feed again.

Any help, links to information, or stories of similar problems would be welcome. Thanks!

Sorry, I also checked my water: and there is No Amonia, Nitrite, or Nitrate. PH 8.2, and SG 1.026.

Hello all, I have a yellow tail Damsel fish that I believe is constipated. I just received him three days ago from a LFS that was feeding nothing but Wardley's Marine Flake. At first he was eating and seemed healthy. Now he is shy, lethargic, wont eat, and seems to have lost his balance. He has poop hanging behind him (95% sure its not a worm) as well as his belly seems a little bloated.

Is there anything I should do to help him? He is my only fish in a 55 gallon at this time. I will start him on a variety on foods imemdiatley. I was thinking of waiting a few days before attempting to feed again.

Any help, links to information, or stories of similar problems would be welcome. Thanks!

Sorry, I also checked my water: and there is No Amonia, Nitrite, or Nitrate. PH 8.2, and SG 1.026.

There was an epsom salt solution you could develop for african cichlids that i've used before, but I don't know of anything for marine.

itsboosting

sounds like the fish might have internal parasites?

i dont know much about damsels, but my true percula had the same thing going on. and after some research it was brookynella. I took the fish out, and put it into a fw dip for 5 minutes and then immediately placed him back into the display tank. he's been eating like a pig ever since.

Archived