Coral Vue Hydros

My First Nano...Eclipse System 3

350 ZR2

im in the process of starting up my first nano-reef. the tank is a 3gal. eclipse, i started with a 2" base of live sand, and 3 1/2"lbs. of live rock. im using the eclipse filtration system, but took out the bio-wheel, and i also have a small powerhead. i set the tank up yesturday, i tested the salt level today its at 1.021, and the temp is 78 degrees. im not sure if the light that the tank comes with is good enough, if not please any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. plus any other suggestions would also be appreciated. thanks,mike

I dont believe the lighting is sufficient enough for coral. I would suggest 2x13watt PC. Everything else seems to be good though. Also, I have read that some people take out the media bag in the filter. check out the other members here, alot of them have eclipse tanks and stuff.  Good luck.

:smile:

I agree regarding the lights. I believe the standard lamp on that tank is some thing like 5 or 8W NO. I would go with at least 1 if not 2 13W PC's in order to keep coral. I believe you will be much happier with the better lighting, and you'll have less frustration.

Archived