Cultivated Reef

Chaetomorpha

alienup

can i put Chaetomorpha in a soap dish and run it in my 12g aqua pod insted of the back chamber? also how much should pulsing xenias cost?

hanknmorgan

Cheato should be fine in a soapdish. Some people even run it loose in the tank as it has a tendency to stay in a bunch. I run cheato in the back because I prefer not to see it, but it should work either way.

hanknmorgan
ok this is my fist tank so how hard is it to take out the back plastic and put a light back there??

I have a nanocube, not the aquapod, so it may be slightly different. The black back of the tank is actually clear glass. On the nanocube, it's covered with a black sticker materieal. I just cut out a nice square with a razor knife and peeled it off. I make a cardboard box with a little flourescent bulb inside and put back there to shine through. Works great and it grows so quickly I have to give it a "haircut" every week when I do water changes. I think the aquapods are painted, so you may have to scrape the paint off. Not sure. Hope this helps and good luck with your tank.

hanknmorgan
THe back of the AP is vinyl, no paint. Check out this link it will give you a pretty good idea of how to set up a fuge light on your tank.fuge light

Good deal. I thought I had read that one of them was painted. The vinyl is easy, so get to it. :P

Archived