Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Boil Shells for Hermits?

alpha

I remeber seeing a thread that talked about this, but I couldn't find anything in a search.

What is the prep technique on this?

darkfishy2690

you could always go to a craft store and buy some shells. They should be good as long as they do not have any kind of chemicals , and stuff on it.

I remeber seeing a thread that talked about this, but I couldn't find anything in a search.

What is the prep technique on this?

1. Boil water.

2. Put shells in.

3. Done.

djchristone

ah..wav....you should add a few steps to that! :P don't want to get sued for missing that "caution: may be hot!" right? ;)

ah..wav....you should add a few steps to that! :P don't want to get sued for missing that "caution: may be hot!" right? ;)

Yes you're right.

Caution. Boiling water is probably pretty hot.

HecticDialectics
Yes you're right.

Caution. Boiling water is probably pretty hot.

Check with your finger to make sure. :lol:

Boil Shells for Hermits

That'll just make your house stink like them.

Put them outside in a bucket for a couple weeks.

That'll just make your house stink like them.

Put them outside in a bucket for a couple weeks.

A couple weeks? They're stinky shells, not a dead body.

A couple weeks? They're stinky shells, not a dead body.

Well I kinda assumed someone would be able to realize that if they didn't stink anymore that a waiting period would be over. Forgive me, I'll go put out some shells and time it down to the minute of when it stops stinking. However I must advise that my findings will probably be skewed by temperature and time of year, also I assume humidity as well as location and other weather factors will factor into my estimation.

sorry, my bad.

Well I kinda assumed someone would be able to realize that if they didn't stink anymore that a waiting period would be over. Forgive me, I'll go put out some shells and time it down to the minute of when it stops stinking. However I must advise that my findings will probably be skewed by temperature and time of year, also I assume humidity as well as location and other weather factors will factor into my estimation.

sorry, my bad.

Or he could boil them in water for a minute and be done with it. Sheesh.

Archived