inTank Media Baskets

28g Nanocube HQI

jimjillhoulahan

jimjillhoulahan

Greetings,

Last week being off of work I decided I was bored of old tank. I have an eclipse 12 gallon saltwater tank for past two years. I know if i am bored with it then the fish have to be upset with their living quarters LOL.

Currently I have:

11 lbs. Live Rock

Clownfish

Yellowtail Damsel Fish

yellow Damselfish

I am now foing to upgrade to the @8g Nanaocube HQI and I have been doing tons of research but not alot of factual data since they have not reached the stores. I know that som aquariums have been setting them up for sale. I just wanted to know if anyone had an opportunity to view this aquarium.

How many fish, snails, cra and coral could i use in a tank this big?

post-27297-1175626036_thumb.jpg

Naturalreef

Hey Jim,

I just pre-ordered this tank and here is a thread

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...20max&st=40

to wet your appetite till they ship the tank...Pictures of the HQI 28 are at the end of the thread provided thanks to Asin. Looks like a solid tank with everything I want, just hoping the skimmer puts out:)lol

Nick

Greetings,

Last week being off of work I decided I was bored of old tank. I have an eclipse 12 gallon saltwater tank for past two years. I know if i am bored with it then the fish have to be upset with their living quarters LOL.

Currently I have:

11 lbs. Live Rock

Clownfish

Yellowtail Damsel Fish

yellow Damselfish

I am now foing to upgrade to the @8g Nanaocube HQI and I have been doing tons of research but not alot of factual data since they have not reached the stores. I know that som aquariums have been setting them up for sale. I just wanted to know if anyone had an opportunity to view this aquarium.

How many fish, snails, cra and coral could i use in a tank this big?

Naturalreef

No problem Asin, appreciate you taking the time to take the pictures:) When you get a chance a review of the tank would be great..i.e build quality of glass, hood, plastic,skimmer performance, black film still on back of tank? etc...Also could you take a pic with the halide off so I can see the inner workings of the light? tank also looks pretty tall.......Thanks Bro

Nick

Thanks for pointing out the thread, Nick. :)
jimjillhoulahan

Greetings,

Thank you Asin & Nick, I really appreciate your insight and those beautiful pictures. I am so glad that I purchased this tank before it even hits the stores. It look fabulous and will make a beautiful addition to my bedroom besides my wife. I am just kidding but she allowed me to place in the bedroom in which I love her. I know i am going to need your help stocking and making it a well balanced reef.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Jim Houlahan

No problem Asin, appreciate you taking the time to take the pictures:) When you get a chance a review of the tank would be great..i.e build quality of glass, hood, plastic,skimmer performance, black film still on back of tank? etc...Also could you take a pic with the halide off so I can see the inner workings of the light? tank also looks pretty tall.......Thanks Bro

Nick

The build quality looks good. The glass seems nice and thick. The hood seems to be the same as in the PC versions, except it has more vents and runs very cool, which I'm still amazed at. The skimmer seems "okay", not the best, but not the worst. By the look of things, you might be able to put some other skimmer back there. As for performance of the skimmer, it seems to be skimming, how much, I'm not sure, as I was only there for about 30 minutes. The black film is there just like the other NCs.

I will definitely take some more pictures for you if I'm out there over the weekend.

HTH!

-Iz

jimjillhoulahan

Asin,

Thank you very much. I am so relieved that i spent $500 dollars and I have some real input on this aquarium. I was wondering, how much room does it have to place a 100watt heater and what would you recommend?

Jim

Naturalreef

Thanks Asin for the mini-review....Whenever you get time on the pics, no rush but would love to see the light with it off...Peace

Nick

The build quality looks good. The glass seems nice and thick. The hood seems to be the same as in the PC versions, except it has more vents and runs very cool, which I'm still amazed at. The skimmer seems "okay", not the best, but not the worst. By the look of things, you might be able to put some other skimmer back there. As for performance of the skimmer, it seems to be skimming, how much, I'm not sure, as I was only there for about 30 minutes. The black film is there just like the other NCs.

I will definitely take some more pictures for you if I'm out there over the weekend.

HTH!

-Iz

Asin,

Thank you very much. I am so relieved that i spent $500 dollars and I have some real input on this aquarium. I was wondering, how much room does it have to place a 100watt heater and what would you recommend?

Jim

I would get a 150w Stealth Heater. Fits perfectly!

Thanks Asin for the mini-review....Whenever you get time on the pics, no rush but would love to see the light with it off...Peace

Nick

No worries, I will take them next time I'm there.

jimjillhoulahan
I would get a 150w Stealth Heater. Fits perfectly!

No worries, I will take them next time I'm there.

I just wanted to Thank ASIN for several pics that she had posted. This will be my new love within the next 3 weeks. I am using as my avatar because i am so proud if Asin would let me? Please let me know if you have any info at all from LFS or problems or anything pertaining to the 28g Nanocube HQI

post-27297-1175808349_thumb.jpg

jimjillhoulahan

The past several days I have learned about what products are the best. I am glad that I purchased JBJ 28gal Nanocube HQI. I have been buying products Tropic Marin, Natures Ocean Bio-activ Live arogonite reef sand, Timer for lights, hydrometer and 200 watt stealth heater and so on. I have taken advice from all of you especially Asin. This is a wonderful format to gain knowledge. Has anyone heard when retailers will start shipping 28gal Nanocube HQI? I also have had alot of items purchased from Petco and the shipping weight was 300lbs which included Catalina seawater that Asin told me to get rid of the product. I just feel bad for fedex since it was free shipping. It said water does not ship and there was no shipping charge added on for that purchased.

Jim H.

post-27297-1175878913_thumb.jpg

Archived