ReefCleaners.org

Fish POLL for my cube!

jojojung

Ok, I got a 24x24x24 tank, and now I'm thinking to add fish. I'm planning just to add only 1 or 2 fish in my tank. So far I got mostly LPS and will continue to make a domainated LPS tank. Also in the tank right now are 1small red BTA , 1cleaner shrimp and a pair of harlequin shrimp.

Here are my possible choice:

1. Pygmy Cherub Angel

2. Pairs of Percular

3. Firefish

4. Six Line Wrasse

What do you think?

DSC07194.jpg

my first choice would definetly be the percula pair. My firefish is awesome though, it comes out the whole time the lights are on and then hides after dark. So if you are going to get a firefish it will be a gamble on what they do. show pics of your tank.

VannReefer87

I like the aquascaping, but...I'd take care of the brown algae issue you have there before adding more fish and bioload to the tank.

best combo ever is 2 percs and a 6 lined IMO i know you only want a couple but the clowns will hang out in one area together and the 6 linned will scower the whole tank and swim through the rock work i find all the clowns i see swim in the water column and not amungst the rockwork which i think is very appealing 24"x24"x24" is a huge tank for just 2 fish

best combo ever is 2 percs and a 6 lined IMO i know you only want a couple but the clowns will hang out in one area together and the 6 linned will scower the whole tank and swim through the rock work i find all the clowns i see swim in the water column and not amungst the rockwork which i think is very appealing 24"x24"x24" is a huge tank for just 2 fish

is your "." key broken? :lol:

I'd get a pair of percs.

Will the six line attack my cleaner shrimp?

keep your opinion coming thanks!

Feeding: Carnivorous, enjoys meaty foods (scallops, shrimp, fish, brine eggs, krill). The Six Line is an active invertebrate hunter that will attack animals as large as ornamental shrimp and sea urchins. They also remove unwanted pests such as bristle worms and mantis shrimp from aquariums. They will be very picky eaters when first introduced into an aquarium.

firstimereefer
ok, i'll solve the algae problems first.

Then, look like most of you suggest to get a pair of percs.

Check out rods-reef.com for his onyx percs, you can also see some pics a read some reviews of the on reef central (under the forum of clownfish and anemones there is thread called rods onyx). Check them out you won't be disappointed.

ok thanks!

and any advice on solving these brown algae?

I'd start off by getting a cleaning crew. A good cleanup crew will keep your nano reef running smooth, and free from algae, detritus, and other unwanted wastes. Commonly kept cleanup crew critters are red leg hermits, left-handed hermits, emerald crabs, sally light foots, turbo snails, and astrea snails. Keep one snail per 1-2 gallons, and one crab per 3-5 gallons. Do not keep more than one of the larger crabs in a nano reef (sally light foots, emerald crabs, etc.)

firstimereefer

definately get some hermits, I don't have any red legged hermits but my zebras do a preatty good job.

modularduck

as far as CUC goes imo i think you cshould keep things balanced ie, crabs, snails, and what have you. one thing is not only boaring but not natural. just my thoughts

but compare to last week..the algae problem is getting better...last week is even worse..the 3 snails really help...tomorrow i'll do some water change.

Archived