Innovative Marine Aquariums

what to add first

btbeam

Once your tank has cycled with the liverock/san you can add coral or a fish very slowly. Make sure you wait a few weeks between adding fish. Check your parameters before and a day after you add something.

alexmurovec

There are some people that prefer to add a fish first, and there are some people that prefer to add a coral first. Some people want to slowly add corals overtime and have a tank with mostly just corals and then fish later, and some people add fish slowly until they have enough and then start to add corals. Either way is fine from what i have read, but have not had any personal experience with either as i am only starting up my first tank. As long as you take it slow and make sure your water parameters are good, then you shouldn't have a problem. Lots of people make the problem of adding too many fish or corals all at once which produce a extra bioload with a unstable tank cannot handle. Good luck and have fun, Alex.

Fish first for me. Not too sure why I do it like that. But I also tried coral first too.

Didn't see any difference between them.

The trick is...go buy the most expensive fish you can, then throw him in the tank, and fully stock yourself on corals..

wait, that's not quite right...

Just do what I did and add a shrimp first. =P

alexmurovec
The trick is...go buy the most expensive fish you can, then throw him in the tank, and fully stock yourself on corals..

wait, that's not quite right...

Just do what I did and add a shrimp first. =P

haha, verrrry funny. Dont make too much confusion.

Archived