ReefCleaners.org

Best MH Pendant/Single bulb system?

Absinthe

MH Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best MH Pendant/Single bulb system?

• Coralife Aqualight HQI Pendant
    • Aquamedic AB OceanLights (HQI)
    • Hamilton HQI Reefstar Low Profile
    • Current USA Sunpod PowerPaq HQI
    • Other (please list)

Giesemann (another German brand) makes excellent fixtures in my opinion. Compact, nice design and several colours to choose from.

Good enough reflectors as well.

Giesemann (another German brand) makes excellent fixtures in my opinion. Compact, nice design and several colours to choose from.

Good enough reflectors as well.

I did look at those but omitted them from the list above because they were priced far higher than the others! :)

Dr.Fumanchu

I like the Sunpod, I have one and really like the quality and price. Its a good middle of the road choice for lighting. If Price was not an issue I really like the coralife pro series that has T5s and MH.

I did look at those but omitted them from the list above because they were priced far higher than the others! :)

Sure, they are pricy, but in some cases money can buy happyness. In my book it's better to buy the fixture or tank or most anything you REALLY like than the one you can settle for.

And I know it's plain stupid coming from a monetarily handicapped student such as me, but still: Nothing buys happyness like fancy toys!

I agree with you wholeheartedly steffo, but is paying $100 more really worth it when the light doesnt really have much to offer above, say, the Aquamedic?

Your thoughts?

Probably not, it depends on which design you think looks good enough, If you're building a canopy get the cheapest possible.

The Aquamedic OceanLights pretty much sucks in comparison though. The bulb is crap, the design non existant and the reflector leaves room for improvement. The others I'm not familiar with since we don't have them in Sweden.

And $100 sure is some money, but you only live once... But I'm a stupid snob with no money because of that philosophy, so dont listen to intently to my rambling...

I voted aquamedic ocean light but I dont like the AB bulbs....Get a 14K phoenix, put it in there, turn it on, and be done with it

I voted aquamedic ocean light but I dont like the AB bulbs....Get a 14K phoenix, put it in there, turn it on, and be done with it

The unit itself is solid though?

Archived