inTank Media Baskets

Blue leg hermits + cerith snails =

wav3form

They are murderers and have no place in any reef tank if you ask me.

u a crazy mug! u'd be alright with the blue-leg and ceriths in there, don't worry about it...snails don't cost much anyways

Yeah Blue Legs seems to really like Cerith shells.

They are murderers and have no place in any reef tank if you ask me.

This quite frankly is a load of crap.

It all depends on the species you keep. Blue Legs just happen to prefer Cerith Shells it seems, so obviously your taking a chance when mixing them together. Now I keep my blue legs with astreas, turbos, and super tongan nassarius. Guess what.......they don't touch a single snail b/c quite frankly......the snails are 3-4X their size.

IMO you always want small hermits (IE. Scarlets and Blue Legs) w/ Larger snails.

Ehhhh I don't know, I've had blue legs go after everything from ceriths to astreas, turbos, mexican turbos and even conchs. They don't even use the shell afterwards.

They're much more predatory than other available hermit species. If they don't get fed what they want they go after whatever else they can find.

Here's how it goes down:

Hey cerith, nice shell!

\

trans_hermit-1.gif

Thanks!

\

trans_cerith.gif

\

trans_hermit-1.gif

??????

\

trans_cerith.gif

trans_both.gif

Hahaha! That was great!

good variation of shells keeps the hermits away, i had 8 ceriths, they died one by one until they were down to 2, then the killing stopped and its been 2 ever since. the shell supply has been satisfied or they have simply outgrown the size of the current ceriths.

my blue legged are the most peaceful of all hermits. they never touch any other of my hermits (scarlet, zebra, blue electric) and don't touch the snails (astrea, turbos) . IMO the key is to have extra shells lying around and they'll perfectly fine. i think also it helps if you buy them as big as possible therefore they'd be almost fully matured thus won't continuously be needing more shells.

My blue legs look upon my turbos as an added food source not a new home. It looks like a buffet when one of the crabs gets into a snail. All the others in the tank show up for a group meal. As it was stated before, snails are cheap.

HecticDialectics
My blue legs look upon my turbos as an added food source not a new home. It looks like a buffet when one of the crabs gets into a snail. All the others in the tank show up for a group meal. As it was stated before, snails are cheap.

"Snails are cheap" is one of those horrible reef myths. Snails around here cost $3-4 a pop. Even at $2 a piece, those little suckers add up. If anything even threatens to eat them, I'd whip it out of the tank and smash it with my car tire.

Chill out peeps. He was just being funny. Right waveform? You're being funny right? :mellow:

Cuz you would never condone murder?? :huh:

Or would you... :o

Archived