Innovative Marine Aquariums

fast way to mount

avalanche1201

avalanche1201

Alright, ive been searching for ways to mount shrooms...mine has been goin all over b/c of the current and ive got some LR I wanna get it mounted on.

I knwo you can use glue but I dont have any, or any netting to hold it down in a bottle cap...is there anything else to do for a quick mount? would a rubber band across the middle avoid the mounth work?

A rubberband across it will more than likely kill it. If you just get a cup and put some rubble in it then put the mushroom in there it will attach. Make sure the cup is deep enough to avoid any flow and youre set.

I just had this situation with one of my shrooms... running free in the flow.

I took a needle and thread and was careful not to puncture anything but the sides and tied it to a loose piece of LR. After about a week I was able to snip the thread (which was almost gone anyhow) and set the shroom attached to the rock wherever I wanted to.

If you search the threads there are a lot of people who will tell you how to do it and even some diagrams of how they did it.

good Luck

avalanche1201

yea...in a dorm room so im lacken some needle and thread..and prob dont have the steady hands to stich my shroom. Good idea though Pickle

RBuddha: Would I need to cover the cup w/ anything for it to stay? The shroom is kinda large so I dont think I have a cup big enough to contain the entire shroom

The fastest way to mount anything is to buy it a few drinks.

A corny line helps too!

Avalanche, if not do you have any back chamber or hob? A specimen container will work too.

The fastest way to mount anything is to buy it a few drinks.

mounting a shroom may leave a stink far worse than any coot... er

COOTER!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQQQQ

Happened to one of my rhodactis. Just sayin...

Then you put the rubber band on too tight or you have some wussy shrooms....

apologeticlies

I got a soap dish holder with suction cups on the back from wal-mart I put all my frags in there. It has holes to allow for flow, and is clear to let light through. try pinning the shroom in between two rocks in one of those, or anywhere, that might work.

avalanche1201

what is that over your frag? I can try to find a soap dish to put on the side and place it in there w/ some rocks..its a 3gal though so itll eat some real estate up, but itll be worth it in the long run to have him mounted.

Proraptor- So I can just get a band and put it around the shroom? Loose enough so it wont kill it but tight enough so it doesnt leave? I tried to tie it w/ some fishing line but that fell off after like a day or so.

Also were could I get some mesh to use? Any specific kind?

avalanche1201
Onion bag works great.

I think I could manage to get one of those.

Also, the shroom i wanna mount got stuck behind the rocks, below the heater, and next to the filter...So i gotta move some stuff to get at him....I know people say not to touchy the "fleshy" part, but would it hurt it to grab it? or should I try to get something to move him along?

Archived