Cultivated Reef

Here is My 7gallon Bowfront with Babies

Toyfreek

Two pics of my 7gal nano set up in December. Im using a Piccalo skimmer in a whisper 200 hang on filter with media removed. substrate is southdown sand. occupants are 8 Babie bangai cardinals and a mithrax crab hitchiker. corals are Metalic green shrooms, Montipora digitata, candycane, and some green star polyps. all corals fragged from my larger tank. 10 lbs premium fiji live rock from the LFS (best rock I've ever seen) Ive got6 about 50 mini snails that grew in my larger tank they work better than Turbos and they are tiny (no bulldozers here) powerhead is an ajustable one from Visijet protein skimmer currently in the dump. I love the piccalo it gets about 1/2 cup of dark junk every other day.  Lighting is a 32W powercompact retro with a smartlamp.

Wow! That is a DEEP sand bed. I think it's pretty cool. A lot of people here don't use much sand, but I think a tank actually looks nicer with a deep sand bed. I have about 4" in my 20 gallon. Do you have any worms in it?

Those corals are cool too. I have a brown Acropora in my tank, but I want some M. digitata too. Candycane is also on my list. Does yours get long sweeper tentacles? I've heard they can be kinda nasty.

-Chris

I plan on giving the bangaii cardinals to my local reefkeepers club when they are ready. and after that I'm going to get a mantis/pistol shrimp I think or a really cool crab and just have him/her. as for the corals i will take some more pics soon I am currently moving and its a bit hectic (dont even know where my camera is yet)

My one problem is Barney my male Bangaii is currently holding an even bigger brood right now they are due in about two weeks. dont know what I'll do prolly sell em to a wholesaler or anyone local that will pick em up.

I'm in MN if anyone here is interested.

Tanks,

Mattf2-6-02.jpg

Chris,

Yeah the candy cane extends sweepers but only 1.5 inches tops so far. The montipora grows incredibly fast when the mother colony is ready to be fragged I can send you a frag prolly wont be till late April or May, weather should permit by then as well. I mostly set up the DSB to keep everything closer to the light and mabey it will function alittle as well we will see. so far all zeros with a 1gallon weekly H20 change. I seeded the DSB with substrate from the larger tank and yes there are plenty o' worms and critters in there.

Matt

shrooms.jpg

Archived