Coral Vue Hydros

What are the recommended upgrades to a default AquaPod 24 with HQI?

ramesis

Hi,

What are the recommended upgrades for an out of the box Aquapod 24 with HQI? Also what do you recommend in the chambers for the cycle process and post cycling...

Thanks!

Take all the things out of the back and throw them away. Take the black film off the rear right chamber and attach a light so you can use it as a fuge with live rock rubble and chaeto. Possibly upgrade the stock pump. Get a Hydor-Flo for the output.

paneubert:

Sounds like a good idea!

I read in another thread the following

Chamber 1 - Chemi-Pure bag on the bottom, filter floss above that.

Chamber 2 - Purigen on the bottom, heater.

What about during the cycle process same thing?? i read somewhere that it was a good idea to use the sponge while the tank cycled after that get rid of it and use filter floss and throw it out weakly.

any thoughts?

You could do that. A lot of people stay away from chemicals. So it is up to you. During the cycle using any chemicals is a waste of time since the water is so messed up anyway. The sponge could be left in if you clean it very often. Same with filter floss. As long as you keep it clean, you will be fine. But for lazy people like me, I just use live rock and cheato back there since it needs no cleaning.

paneubert:

LOL I like the way you think..

How easy is it to exchange the original pump?

Ramesis

paneubert:

LOL I like the way you think..

How easy is it to exchange the original pump?

Ramesis

Easy as unplugging stock pump from plastic tube, then plugging new pump and dropping in same 4th. chamber. B)

Easy as unplugging stock pump from plastic tube, then plugging new pump and dropping in same 4th. chamber. B)

Awesome!! :P

Archived