Coral Vue Hydros

swimmer for a 29g

nYgel

I have a 29g. Bioload is fine and i want one more larger swimming fish. right now i have a cherub angel but I would like it to have something else in the higher parts of the tnak. all i have is ground dwellers at the moment besdies the angel and a juvenile perc. I wanted a dottyback but all say they are aggresive, so no go there.... i don't like wrasses or anthias. any suggestions?

What exactly is your aversion to the Wrasse? I just got a Sixline and am enjoying his activity very much. Constantly cruising through my rock work and corals and this fish is very colorful. I have never sat down and watched one for any extended period of time but now that I have I have very much like this fish. He just cruises around gracefuly then all of a sudden he will dive bomb on something on the sandbed. The first time I saw him do it I was like Holy Sh!t. He has been taking food and looks great. I had a Magenta Dottyback and it was a nice fish but the Sixline blows it away IMO.

I always hear wrasses will turn into mean fish after a while. And I just personally don't find them pretty or anything, nothing personal against them, just looking for something different.

HecticDialectics
I have a 29g. Bioload is fine and i want one more larger swimming fish. right now i have a cherub angel but I would like it to have something else in the higher parts of the tnak. all i have is ground dwellers at the moment besdies the angel and a juvenile perc. I wanted a dottyback but all say they are aggresive, so no go there.... i don't like wrasses or anthias. any suggestions?

An extralarge blue-green chromis would be out in the open and swimming and be pretty colorful. You should be able to find one that's a good 2 1/2 inches long.

An extralarge blue-green chromis would be out in the open and swimming and be pretty colorful. You should be able to find one that's a good 2 1/2 inches long.

i dont think a large chromis look nice.

>.<

Yeah, chromis i dont liek too much, im lookin up fairy wrasse right now. I know its not recommended to put a pipefish in a reef, but I'll probably give that a shot (my tank is 1/3 planted)

Yeah, chromis i dont liek too much, im lookin up fairy wrasse right now. I know its not recommended to put a pipefish in a reef, but I'll probably give that a shot (my tank is 1/3 planted)

i suppose its because pipefish dont like strong currents?

i know thats one reason, but the flow is really more heavy at the top. All my fish are really peaceful and i have no stinging corals (well... frogspawn, but thats it.) I like the fairy wrasses, and some wrasses in general, but aren't they usually bullies? I like the possum wrasse alot but they seem kinda expensive. It'll probably be whatever I get a good deal on. Anthias are too dull to me, boring unless schooling.

don't they kinda hide alot? those and psuedochromis were former possibilites, but I would like to try the pipe in a reef and I believe they are too aggressive for it, so is a wrasse though I bet, except for fairy i think... they seem like cowards.

Archived