Innovative Marine Aquariums

A Marines marine biocube

Darklyte24

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HEY, im from hong kong...im in the states for college.

nice looking tank =) i hope someday mine would be the same =)

what part of HK? my dad is in Fanling.

crab was still alive last week, i saw it in the rock, i took it out and squirted it with fresh water.. and it crawled deeper and i havent bothered to look for it again. i got some new zoos and glued them, some of them are dying ,dead or something i do have some eagle eyes some neon green and some orange white ones

what part of HK? my dad is in Fanling.

crab was still alive last week, i saw it in the rock, i took it out and squirted it with fresh water.. and it crawled deeper and i havent bothered to look for it again. i got some new zoos and glued them, some of them are dying ,dead or something i do have some eagle eyes some neon green and some orange white ones

my home is not too far from your dad...i live in tai po

So my feather duster finally opened up again, and now it has about a 1 inch wide crown again.

it took about 2 weeks if i remember correctly.. random pic of my 2 yr old nephew flying a RC helicopter

post-26756-1195255053_thumb.jpg

Darklyte24,

Your tank looks great! I recently bought a BC14 and will be setting up after I move (probably in January). In fact, I am in Sacramento and very close to O Street Aquarium. Can you recommend any LFS? I had a 20L 7 years ago and I used to shop at O Street and Exotic Aquarium in S Sac. Any others? I've heard Your Reef is in the Roseville area...

I also plan to run my BC14 completely stock, minus the bioballs and possibly a filter change.

Thanks.

hey spoon, i use to live in sac, and then moved to folsom. I was in folsom for a year when i worked at intel. I started my tank there. I moved back home to Concord bay area. There is a new store called fish planet on Howe and arden in the howe bout arden shopping center. its about 6 months old. Ok prices. theres another one around madison ave greenback lane or something look online for them. its a smaller shop but thats where i got my true perc.

Overall Exotic is the best. They have great prices and selection.

feel free to aim me darklyte24

Mike

• 1 month later...

more pics

Yellow clown goby died about a month ago, it looked very skinny, I tried to feed it and it would usually eat a little and that was it.. i duno why it died. other than that still got the same stuff..

post-26756-1200624860_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1200624878_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think back in Feb, i stuck one of my biobags in which I had cleaned months before with bleach like it said to.

after a while some of my zoos died and the frogspawn looked as it was bleached!!

damn it! i F'ed up.. took that out after a week or something, but still more zoos died but i think its from some thing growing on them. brownish? fungus? i duno lost my small neon yellowish zoos, and most of my green zoos.. the rest of them seem to be ok.. Added a bicolor blenny last week, its doing great.

here are some pics

any idea what might be killing the zoos?

post-26756-1208754427_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1208754495_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1208754522_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I think back in Feb, i stuck one of my biobags in which I had cleaned months before with bleach like it said to.

after a while some of my zoos died and the frogspawn looked as it was bleached!!

damn it! i F'ed up.. took that out after a week or something, but still more zoos died but i think its from some thing growing on them. brownish? fungus? i duno lost my small neon yellowish zoos, and most of my green zoos.. the rest of them seem to be ok.. Added a bicolor blenny last week, its doing great.

here are some pics

any idea what might be killing the zoos?

Frogspawn does look bleached ... not sure why though ... not enough light? I have never seen corals bleached like that ... I know its not healthy ... but looks kinda neat ...

Re: Zoanthids:

1) brownish growth over closed zoas usually means fungus. Use Lugol's dip

2) White dots = zoapox; people say use furan-2 dip ... but I tried and it killed more ... even the healthy ones

3) it may also have parasites like nudi-branch eating them etc ...

Rule of thumb ... always dip your corals when you buy or trade them ... with Reef Dip or Lugol's ...

Good luck and nice tank.

• 2 weeks later...
CorvetteJoe

Nice setup. I wish the wife would let me put the tank next to the TV so I can watch it from the couch.

One comment: that entire setup would look so mcuh better with some kind of black stand to match your entertainment center. That tank matches the tv and all being all black.

Archived