Top Shelf Aquatics

A Marines marine biocube

Darklyte24

Tested water today, nitrates are same low or none phosphates are either really low or none, alkalinity was about right. I think im ready to get some shirmp coral and fish!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ya, im adding a emerald crab, shrimp and prob 2 clown fish tomorrow if the shop has them all. i got some small bubble algae in there.. copepods swimming crawling everywhere too.

i dont have any macro lenses. it has a macro feature though. I have a digital rebel xt with a 18-200mm and a SD800

in my pics I use a crappy HP Photosmart M425 with the macro option on, I turn the ISO to 100 and the white balance all the way down. It seems to work pretty well. idk if it would catch copepods, I just wanted to see what they look like in a tank :)

bubbles3660
tiny bubbles in my cube...

Wasn't that a Don Ho song? :)

Love the water reflection that your flash caused in the first shot. Looks like ocean horizon. B)

Why not move the temp probe into chamber 3? Cleaner look.

--bubbles

haha cool thanks, ya don ho or something like that, it was tiny bubbles in my wine though.

I will prob move the probe thanks for the sug.

I will take pics later tonight when i get off work and head to the LFS for some clowns and cuc.

sephroth_r1

The reason all your params are so low is because you havent even started your cycle yet. It has only been 9 days! Some cycles can take from 1 month to even longer ive seen!

I would caution you on adding anyting yet, as it will be detrimental to whatever you decide to add, and most likely kill it.

DONT RUSH. in this game, rushing only leads to bad things.

besides taking the fish back which i dont think they will do, what can I do? can i get some water from the shop and put the fish in that for the time being?

was missing a clown this morning, looked all over , then thought where else could it have jumped.. took the filter floss out of ch 2 and there it was.. got it out and swam back in the main tank.

naughty fish

• 4 weeks later...
Darklyte24

More pics,

some green zoo, the girl said they just got them in today it has some green and I think orange in the mid.. it cost me 20$ deal or avg or alot ? i also got a 2 headed frog spawn.. it was 30$ nemo number 3 now.. hope it lives and 2 more hermits.

post-26756-1178335256_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1178335356_thumb.jpg

post-26756-1178335520_thumb.jpg

salt creepette
more pics again

looks nice.

want to pick your brain to see if you had the same problem with me when trying the mj900, did it suck air and shoot a bunch of bubbles into your tank? I tried using it and got that problem, went back to the stock pump but am not satisfied with flow...

Archived