The list:

5 gal AquaView acrylic with built-in overflow and canopy/stand

5.5 gal All-Glass in stand operating as refugium

Rio 600 pump

Visi-therm 25w heater

15 lbs LR and 19 lbs LS

CSL 32w Supernova Smartlamp for main tank

Hagen 8w Power-Glo for refugium

After getting all the necessary equipment and making sure I had saltwater circulating in my tank a few days, I finally got around to ordering LS & LR.  I ordered mine from Scott at www.aquaticreations.com and received them on 2/15/02.  I spent that evening pouring in the LS and arranging my LR.  There are numerous organisms living on my LR and I am very pleased!  So, it’s been setup for almost 2 weeks, my NH3/NH4, NO2 and NO3 are at undetectable levels, and PH and ALK are stable.  I want to thank all those who’ve given me your invaluable input.  Tell me what you think of my pics!

2-24-02%20Refugium.JPG

Did you buy that stand and hood or build it?  It looks great!!  My parents have decided the nano must leave the front room so I'm thinking of having my handy man  convert a small cabinet from a home depot into a stand for my 7.5 gallon tank.   :glowface:

For those interested, I got the tank/canopy/stand as a set from a lfs about two years ago when I lived in San Antonio, TX.  I had the overflow built into the tank and had to modify the stand slightly to fit the 5.5 refugium.

Archived