SaltCritters.com

NRAY203 Seller: Sending Replacement Frags?

Vertigo

I ordered a small order from this seller and I couldnt get a reply about the order for almost 4 days after payment was sent. I received the order and when I opened the box 2 out of 4 frags looked white slimey right out of the bag. 1 frag that was bad only had like 2-3 polyps( I paid for 8). The other frag had alot of polyps, more than I ordered but they were the ones that was slimey and almost translucent. I contacted this seller in reguards to the 2 frags that were gone and it took another 2-3 days to get a reply and it wasnt friendly. I asked them kindly if they could either resend out to me 2 more frags or partial refund, they went from un-friendly to almost trying to say I got what I paid for! I know that I will not ever buy anything from them again. They took my money and said to the heck me him. I posted pics of them right out of the box and a few days of waiting. I think that might have added fuel to their fire, but I am not going to lie for anyone. Here is a copy of a PM that they sent to me:

(NRAY203) QUOTE

I'll check your order and see whats owed to you if anything.

(ME)QUOTE

Tell you what I cant take payments through bidpay.com but I have a friend that I will have you paypal the money over too. I will have to email back to you thier paypal.com email address tomorrow sometime and I am glad you got back to me. Also, how much of a refund are you giving me on this sale?

(NRAY203)QUOTE

Im glad two of the four made it, thats a new record for me. Whats your ppal address so I can squash this before

someone gets hurt. Do me a favor and keep the frags on me. I've sent sps out of the country and never had a ???????, let alone a couple zzz's up the road. Good luck with your 12 , and do yourself a favor and stop banging the peaple trying to hook you up.

I almost feel as though this was borderline threating. the remark"Before some gets hurt" I dont know about this seller but I thought that I owed this to everyone on here to post this knowing that if I am going to ever get anything replaced from them this probly trashed that idea. But, live and learn. Is there any good sellers on this site that stand behind their frags?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just doesn't seem like there is any good reason to trade with someone over the internet unless a) you know of them, locally or B) there is some seriously long feedback (positive) on them...

shipping delicate frags can't be easy, and i am not giving an excuse for him, but getting them to you in great shape sure doesn't sound like it was a priority for him... not sure what that 'hurt' part meant, but it is a tad scary since he does have the address... how far away from you is this guy?

Crap---Stuff like this is no good---and it just reinforces the :scarry::scarry: thoughts that people get when you mention anything other than getting your stuff at a LFS.

Wolv---do you have any pics?

What method were they shipped with?

How were they packaged?

I know it's tough to guarantee most things once they get into your tank--but it's not unreasonable to expect live delivery.

Give some more info if you can.

Wow--and you even paid???? ;)

P.S. SHIPPING DELICATE FRAGS IS NOT DIFFICULT!!! TRY IT!!! REALLY!!! :)

I am in middle Tennesse and he was in Mid FL I picked up the package about 50 miles from my home so it wouldnt be a 2 day delivery.

just doesn't seem like there is any good reason to trade with someone over the internet unless a) you know of them, locally or B) there is some seriously long feedback (positive) on them...

shipping delicate frags can't be easy, and i am not giving an excuse for him, but getting them to you in great shape sure doesn't sound like it was a priority for him... not sure what that 'hurt' part meant, but it is a tad scary since he does have the address... how far away from you is this guy?

Here is a link to the page, search it some and I posted pics of them from day 1 til' the other day. I could take a pic of them now, u the frag plugs are bare. I will post a pic tomorrow on how they look now. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...07492&st=40

They were shipped USPS Express 2 day

They had styro foam and a heat pack on top of them( I wonder if that pack fried them?)

I agree, sellers need to guarantee live when delivered. I got the shaft on this 1. And it sucks, I took away from my tank upgrade fund for them and I got jacked!

Crap---Stuff like this is no good---and it just reinforces the :scarry::scarry: thoughts that people get when you mention anything other than getting your stuff at a LFS.

Wolv---do you have any pics?

What method were they shipped with?

How were they packaged?

I know it's tough to guarantee most things once they get into your tank--but it's not unreasonable to expect live delivery.

Give some more info if you can.

Wow--and you even paid???? ;)

P.S. SHIPPING DELICATE FRAGS IS NOT DIFFICULT!!! TRY IT!!! REALLY!!! :)

First...No offense meant to NRAY203 as he does have a positive record to date in the feeback forum previous to this thread, but I still don't understand why anyone would buy from someone with 17 posts all of which are in the classifieds forum. If you foolishly choose to do so, you are just asking for it.

The zoos like fine to me in the initial pics you posted (although why is there hair algae on that frag plug?). Also in the after pics, why is that frag plug covered in green algae?

Anyway, hopefully NRAY203 will turn out to be a nice guy and work something out, if not, it will be a lesson not to buy stuff from people you don't know.

The hair algae was a prank I was pulling on my Bro in law.lol I am learning and it sucks. I will know better next time.

Thanks, yea I didnt try to con him. I was straight up with him on those.

No WAY those pics looked good. The first pics of the big frag on the left were clearly on there way out. Seen it many times.

Were the frags newly glued? IMO that is not appropriate to do right before shipping. They could have been burnt from the glue and in a bag in a box for three days... well... yeah... the would have looked like that afterwards.

Also, dont you guys think it's odd that every person giving him positive feedback had 50 or WAY less posts? none of them were a part of the community and none of them posted their location. A little shady, IMO.

I wonder if there's any way to regulate the classifieds so you can only post in there after you have at least 100 posts?

That sucks that you got burned. :(

I was sontacted by Nray203 just about an hour or so ago. This is the PM that was sent along with my reply and I will update once I get a tracking number along with pics of the frags that get sent out:

(Nray203)QUOTE

Ican ship you two more but the only problem is you might have to pick them up again. I wont know untill I get to the post office. What day is best for you, the frags aren't done yet so let me know.

(ME) QUOTE

Just let me know any day will be fine. I can make arrangements. I think the 2 frags that didnt make it was the fire and the wonka if that helps. I kinda see colors of kermit on 1 that is now peeking and the other. Please just let me know when you shio with tracking so I can call over to knoxville and have them hold it for me there. Thanks

coral_addict
I was sontacted by Nray203 just about an hour or so ago. This is the PM that was sent along with my reply and I will update once I get a tracking number along with pics of the frags that get sent out:

(Nray203)QUOTE

Ican ship you two more but the only problem is you might have to pick them up again. I wont know untill I get to the post office. What day is best for you, the frags aren't done yet so let me know.

(ME) QUOTE

Just let me know any day will be fine. I can make arrangements. I think the 2 frags that didnt make it was the fire and the wonka if that helps. I kinda see colors of kermit on 1 that is now peeking and the other. Please just let me know when you shio with tracking so I can call over to knoxville and have them hold it for me there. Thanks

It seems like this is a difficult situation for both parties and that emotions can run high. We just need to give each other the benefit of the doubt. As a victim, you deserves the attention to a more professional response at a minimum. I think it's probably just a misunderstanding and it could have been resolved in a better way. At least the seller is trying to work it out so that you get what you originally paid for. However as a seller, he should not have use that negative tone of voice to you especially after you have suffer a lost not caused by you. This posting has definitely made me a little bit more nervous about ordering from anyone not just this seller.

Hope it work out in the end as we wouldn't want this bad experience to hurt the business from many other great frag sellers who has worked very hard and are passionate to the art of propagating. They are a great contribution to the selections we have come to appreciate and also help lower cost as we have alternative options to our sometimes poor selections of LFS. Good luck and may your future experience be better.

:scarry:

OMG! omgomgomg

Wait--now let me see if I get this straight. You guys bought CORAL from somewhere other than your crappy LFS???!!!

Are you nuts?!!! I heard about this one guy---he bought some coral over the internet once and when it got there and he opened it-----Bigfoot came out and totally ripped him apart. He's dead now and his tank crashed too.

Come on---the GOOD FAR OUTWEIGHS THE BAD! There are 10 times more happy transactions here than bad ones.

Everyone just remembers the bad stuff.

OMG! omgomgomg

Wait--now let me see if I get this straight. You guys bought CORAL from somewhere other than your crappy LFS???!!!

Are you nuts?!!! I heard about this one guy---he bought some coral over the internet once and when it got there and he opened it-----Bigfoot came out and totally ripped him apart. He's dead now and his tank crashed too.

I heard it was a giant black-and-yellow robot and it probed him in the BUTT!

I GOT $48 order including shipping (less $14 USPS express shipping less $5 heat pack less a couple bucks for box, styro, 4 frag plugs, gas to the post office twice, less another $14 USPS express shipping less another $5 heat pack, less another couple bucks for box, styro, 2 frag plugs, gas to the post office again) So I’m losing $ to help you out, not to mention the time involved in all this.

U GOT 7 polyps @ $3 a piece & 5+ polyps @ $2 a piece. So you still got $31 of frags plus $19 for shipping & heat pack = $50 ?

WHO IS GETTING THE BAD END OF THIS DEAL? Plus now I’m being bashed after I offer pay your $ back or send you more stuff & not even ask for you to pay the shipping. I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.

$48 sent to bidpay on Friday 3/2

3/5 Tuesday - Received in bank account

3/5 Tuesday - Drove to the Post Office, & learned one day delivery was not available in your area. Drove home replaced with 2-3 day heat pack which costs me $5. Then drove back to the Post Office to mail.

3/6 Wednesday – U Received the order

3/8 Friday – U contacted me about the frags not looking so good

3/8 Friday – had someone respond for me (as I was out of town) – She said that frags sometimes take a long time to open & by the looks of the pictures if seems as if they would pull though. Your signature says “one month, one week since wolv2377 12g nano cube dx” so she assumed you might not have a lot of experience ….right?

3/9 Saturday - offered to send you a refund though paypal.

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT – I AM NOT A BUSINESS & HAVE OTHER THINGS GOING ON IN MY LIFE. In order to help out other hobbiest, should I tie myself to the computer over the weekends? You are being unreasonable.

Second, I’ve never used bidpay & signed up so that I could accommodate you. I’m not sure about bidpay, but on paypal you must wait to have a payment “clears” before the transaction is complete & the site specifically tells you not to send anything until that happens. I shipped out the same day I got your $.

Third, the green/hair algae is NOT from my tank. The frag plug was fresh & white when it left here. After all when I’m making up 2-3 polyp frags as special requests for new hobbiest. I have larger frags that are not newly glued. Here’s my tank by the way…

http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q130/Pi...Reef/My%20Tank/

Fourth, “What’s your paypal address so I can squash this before someone gets hurt.” I’m sorry you took this as a threat. Were you scared I was going to reach through the computer? I was offering to give your $ back & avoid my reputation on the forum from being hurt. TOO LATE NOW, I QUESS. You can’t email or PM a hobbiest (not a business) a million times saying that you expect me to cover shipping to mail you more frags & refund your $ immediately when the frags haven’t even been given an opportunity to open for more than 3 days in a tank that is only a month & a week old.

WHO DO YOU THINK IS GETTING THE SHAFT?

RayWhisperer

I've never dealt with anyone here... This, however, is my take on his responces....

Im glad two of the four made it, thats a new record for me. Whats your ppal address so I can squash this before

someone gets hurt. Do me a favor and keep the frags on me. I've sent sps out of the country and never had a ???????, let alone a couple zzz's up the road. Good luck with your 12 , and do yourself a favor and stop banging the peaple trying to hook you up.

He wants to re-send you the frags, and would appreciate it if you didn't post negative comments on him. As far as someone getting hurt, I believe it was his reputation meant.

It sux that some of them croaked on you, but it seems he's trying to do the right thing.

Whaddya say wolv???

As for having a life outside of trading corals--I agree. HOWEVA--Basic rules of common courtesy should apply. Prompt responses to email or PM should go hand in hand with someone listing something for sale. Otherwise you would get, um, bad feedback about it I think.

So what say you wolv?? Plus, your tank is new right? You didn't toast 'em there did you?

Glad it's workin out---and gladder still that all potential schmucks can learn from this in some way.

"NR.com, helping people...."

<insert pic of me standing amidst a rainbow and several cultures>

I've never dealt with anyone here...

Whatchu sayin "not Ray"? I wanna trade with you this week--or maybe the week after---

I will PM you soon. You like SPS, right?

PLUS---I would never sign up for BIDPAY just because a random buyer wanted to use it. Money Order, Cash or Paypal---that should take care of anyone.

OMG! omgomgomg

Mvite your not quite right. :lol:

OMG! omgomgomg

:lol:

Archived