SaltCritters.com

My Nano

jtower1969

This is my Nano...it's been up for about a week and a half...The cycle is done, but I'm deciding on how to stock it.

It has:

7 gallon mini bow

stock hood and light soon to be upgraded

Penguin 125  carbon removed from the media

Ebo-Jager 75 watt

7 lbs.  live rock

15 lbs. live sand

R/O water

Any sugestions on what I should do for the clean-up crew?  What corals? what fish?

By the way...I have learned alot from this site...Thanks!!Tank%20ft.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
maroonclown05

did you say that your tank has only been set up for a week and already the cycle is done?  it usually takes a bit longer than a week.. is the water and rock taken from a larger tank?

I purchased everything at my LFS...this place rocks!!  The rock was cured and covered with Coraline (so were the snails and the hermits) I guess the sand was really "LIVE" too. My brother in law used some of my sand and purchased the same LR for his 3 gallon..and he was done in 3 days!!  This is the web site for the LFS if you would like to look at it... www.absolutelyfish.com

This place is great and I feel bad when I read some of posts of people complainig about not having a good LFS.

Hey jtower1969,

Looks good. One sure sign of a cycle completing is a diatom bloom. I had my 4 gal cycle in a matter of days.

Regarding the clean up crew: I would have at least 6 hermits and 6 snails. I really like nassarius snails cause of the shell and blue leg hermits are really cool looking.

Regarding coral: I would have to sugest no coral till you upgrade the lights. But when you do the sky is the limits...excepts no sps...hehehehe

Regarding fish: I have had success with damsels and false perc. clown are very popular around here and they are so darn cute.

Good luck with the setup. :smile:

The clean up crew has been in for exactly one week today...I have also ordered the 32 PC from Chris.  I think I might add a shrimp tomorrow..than some corals when the light arives.

Archived