SaltCritters.com

little centipede things?

chex

I just started cycling my ana and i finally got 5 lbs of fiji rock. I had the light off for an hour. I went to kust look and turned it on and noticed little centipede things crawling into the holes on the rock. any clue what they are?

After reading your stats, I'm a bit curious. You're cycling with a live fish? You added a partial clean-up crew before your cycling was over? You may add more LR? What are you using for filtration? A sweeping powerhead? Have you read up on them? What are you using for circulation now? What corals do you then start with (HAHA)??? What kind of lighting are you using? gagaga

thank you stchmo your right. they are them. Heres the deal on the tank. I got 20 lbs of live sand from a friend of mine who tore down his. So i put i fish in to see if it would cycle. it won't so im set for now. I have a hob providing my circulation, and i am slowly adding stuff do to the fact i am between jobs. so zizman give me a brake. there is no coral in the tank. As for lighting i am getting a jbj with in the month. thank you again satch yo are right. and i told zizman the were no bristleworms. I know quite a bit about this but i am still new,

Cool. They are the ants of the underwater world, that's a great way to put it. Be careful with adding livestock if you're planning on getting ten more pounds of rock. If this new rock cycles, you could end up loosing many of these critters you're putting in there. I would suggest waiting until you've got all your rock established before adding anything else. I'd also get your circulation up to par as soon as possible and add another powerhead now. Good luck.

oh yeah i was planing on waiting i just to get something going to start getting the algea so it dosen't get huge. even after i put this live rock in still no cycle. I guess i got a really good deal from my friend he sold me the sand for 75 cents a pound. it has way more than enough bacteria in it I guess. Also the powerhead is trhe next thing I am adding. Again thanks for all the advice satch.

My questions were valid. I didn't type them with CAPS so I don't know why you think I was being angry. I wasn't asking because I get ant thrill in someone doing something wrong. Jsu asking so I could help if you needed it. You do not, so that is good.

Archived