Top Shelf Aquatics

DeMartini's 8 gallon BioCube!

DeMartini

Sorry, just pokin fun because our tanks will NEVER look that good. That being said my Nais ballast and 14,000k bulb came in today. :happydance: Tomorrow......I burn the house down fingerscrossed

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lauren

THOSE are SEXY clams...I like alot!!!!

I just got another crocia...nothing like those.

What kind are they??? Im a newbie to clams but I like them...Ive got those 2

in my prop tank.

Whats the difference in Maxima and Crocea???

Educate me please :D

Izzue

So have you mounted those frags yet? You have nice color in your base rock but I hope your going to be able to build up on it. I got really frustrated with my 8g at first because my rock only fill the bottom 1/2 of the tank. Finally I was able to build it up a little higher and now I'm using 2/3 of the height.

I saw that you were planning on a light upgrade, are you going topless or do you plan on retro-fitting the MH?

super nice frags soooooooo jealous. wish my lfs carry frags like that :(.

anyways i cant wait to see everything in the new tank. hey once those frags grow up mind sell me couple of pieces? :P

So have you mounted those frags yet? You have nice color in your base rock but I hope your going to be able to build up on it. I got really frustrated with my 8g at first because my rock only fill the bottom 1/2 of the tank. Finally I was able to build it up a little higher and now I'm using 2/3 of the height.

I saw that you were planning on a light upgrade, are you going topless or do you plan on retro-fitting the MH?

I did add more live rock... now it's up about 2/3 of the tank. My frags are all mounted already.

I'm planning on buying the 70 watt sunpod, so I'm not going to have a hood, which is good because I've been having heat problems with the hood on.

super nice frags soooooooo jealous. wish my lfs carry frags like that :(.

anyways i cant wait to see everything in the new tank. hey once those frags grow up mind sell me couple of pieces? :P

actually my LFS doesn't carry them either! I drove about 2 hours away to buy them from a guy I found on craigslist.

as for selling you frags... I already have waiting list! lol if you are willing to wait a long time, then sure I'll sell you some frags.

:( poor me cant get nice frags for a looooooong time. i wish i live in ca seems like u guys over there can get some crazy stuff. being that u drove 2 hours just to get these frags i can tell u r very addicted to this hobby :P but hey who isnt on this forum :D

this is an updated picture of my tank. I added some GSP, Daisy polyps, zoos, and some shrimp! I ordered a yasha goby, but my LFS said that it died on the way to the store. :(

asdf098.jpg

anemone shrimp

asdf092.jpg

I added 2 sexy shrimp

asdf090.jpg

Good job with the rock, the tank looks much more full now.

Nice livestock selection too, are you going to add some snails? I ordered a glass anemone shrimp and two sexy anemone shrimp when I first got my tank. The glass was DOA but the two sexy shrimp are fine and always entertaining to watch. Keep an eye on the glass anemone shrimp, they sometimes like to dine on corals. My sexy shrimp are always eating off my polyps but from what I've read they are just eating the dead tissue.

Heat is a common problem with these tanks. My 8g is in my office at work where we keep the thermostat set around 70 and the tank temp gets up to 81 with all lights on. Removing the lid should help with the oxygen exchange too.

What are you doing as far as water, food, and supplements?

this is an updated picture of my tank. I added some GSP, Daisy polyps, zoos, and some shrimp! I ordered a yasha goby, but my LFS said that it died on the way to the store. :(

Awesome pics! Your tank looks great but then again I think that's "expected" of you now :)

Al :D

Oceanic 30g

Wow I really like how you made the caves with the liverock. You should own an aquarium store or something. Did you guys all hear about the nano reef convention?

you just started this tank a week ago and you alreay have all that livestock in there and would have a fish in there already if it didnt die in shipment? how come you dont get the flame wagon and everyone else does when they do this. i waited 5 weeks to add a fish and i got flamed about it.

you just started this tank a week ago and you alreay have all that livestock in there and would have a fish in there already if it didnt die in shipment? how come you dont get the flame wagon and everyone else does when they do this. i waited 5 weeks to add a fish and i got flamed about it.

The only thing new was the sand, I used old water from my 14g and when I bought the live rock, I brought it home in a bucket of water so there was no die off. I was very careful on checking my parameters. My tank did go through a mini cycle and both ammonia and nitrites spiked and then went back down. My nitrates were at 20ppm, so I did some water changes to bring that down. I felt that it was time to start adding a clean up crew, and as for the fish; I was going to have my lfs hold it for a few more days so I could make sure my parameters were still stable.

get off my ass ... I know what I'm doing!

Wow I really like how you made the caves with the liverock. You should own an aquarium store or something. Did you guys all hear about the nano reef convention?

where is the convention? I know of the coral farmers market.

Tanks is looking good already. How wide is the sunpod going to be in relation to the tank?

I'm not sure...

Good job with the rock, the tank looks much more full now.

Nice livestock selection too, are you going to add some snails? I ordered a glass anemone shrimp and two sexy anemone shrimp when I first got my tank. The glass was DOA but the two sexy shrimp are fine and always entertaining to watch. Keep an eye on the glass anemone shrimp, they sometimes like to dine on corals. My sexy shrimp are always eating off my polyps but from what I've read they are just eating the dead tissue.

Heat is a common problem with these tanks. My 8g is in my office at work where we keep the thermostat set around 70 and the tank temp gets up to 81 with all lights on. Removing the lid should help with the oxygen exchange too.

What are you doing as far as water, food, and supplements?

I'm going to add 2 nass snails. I already have a turbo.

I hope my shrimp don't eat any polyps! I noticed my sexy shrimp picking at my GSP, but it didn't look like it was damaging the GSP.

I buy my SW from my LFS. I use mysis, cyclopeeze and DT's phytoplankton. I add calcium and dkh buffer.

Yeah, my heat will definitely go down when I add the sunpod. Right now I keep the top opens, so the temperature will down at 80 instead of 85!

Oceanic 30g

I started a thread under the general information area about a convention. Looks like Vegas is where most people would go.

D,

I did the same thing that you did with my tank. I got water from my LSF's reef (2500 gallon multi tanksystem) and the rock came from a display tank. I am going through a mini cycle right now and I will be assing a clean up crew shortly.

10" Red Devil

Whoa, very nice rock work! Man women just beat us guys out when it comes to aquascaping any day of the week! How the hell did you get such sweet pieces to make that cool double cave look! Did you have a vision or something! That is soo cool!

OMG, you waited 5 weeks!! WTF! That is so wrong man, I feel so sorry for your fish!!

Sorry couldn't resist. :naughtydance:

I'm going to add 2 nass snails. I already have a turbo.

I hope my shrimp don't eat any polyps! I noticed my sexy shrimp picking at my GSP, but it didn't look like it was damaging the GSP.

I buy my SW from my LFS. I use mysis, cyclopeeze and DT's phytoplankton. I add calcium and dkh buffer.

Yeah, my heat will definitely go down when I add the sunpod. Right now I keep the top opens, so the temperature will down at 80 instead of 85!

Omg! It will be a blessing if your sexy shrimp eats some gsp, they are a nightmare to prune!! They are like weeds of the reefworld, next to xenia.

Archived