ReefCleaners.org

?Sea hare

thabo

Found this crawling out of my LR after a day in the tank- does anyone know which hare it is and if its a good idea in a tank. Thanks.

post-26418-1173216124_thumb.jpg

Found this crawling out of my LR after a day in the tank- does anyone know which hare it is and if its a good idea in a tank. Thanks.

That is a nudibranch of some sort or another. It may be good or bad, no telling really. It is def not a sea hare.

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

It almost looks like a scutus, which is actually a type of snail. They look like nudibranches because the shell is hidden by the skin on the back. Does it have any kind of white stripe or growth on the back?

That is a nudibranch, sea slug. That does not look like a stometella snail, cap snail.

It does not seem to have a shell- I though sea hare because of the stalks at the front and it looks like a little "tuff" of a tail at the back - my girlfriend thought it really looked more like a bunny than a hare!. I have noticed it "jumping " into the current and times and then spreading itself out and floating to another place in the tank- not sure if that behaviour is specific to any group?

Archived