Cultivated Reef

12G Nano: The Obsession Begins

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette
Ready for some blues for your tank, Veronica? ;)

never been more ready!!! :happydance:

those babies are gonna cost me tho i'm sure... there goes lunch money for the week- lol.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks good. make sure you don't add any other fish, i'm having a tough time with my pair of clowns in my 12 g(nutrients)

never been more ready!!! :happydance:

those babies are gonna cost me tho i'm sure... there goes lunch money for the week- lol.

No worries, you have some frags for me I called dibs on, right? So these blues won't cost you much if anything! ;)

fraggle rockette
looks good. make sure you don't add any other fish, i'm having a tough time with my pair of clowns in my 12 g(nutrients)

that's no good! everything seems fine right now (knock on wood)- how much LR and CUC do you have in there? i don't have to test again until friday, so... but i feed them every other day. and there is a clown goby in there as well, but he's so itty bitty! sigh. guess no tang for me, eh? ;)

fraggle rockette

so i am ridiculous and bit the bullet and ordered a 24g aquapod today from nanotuners. all i needed was the body, and will DIY a stand so my chiller will fit in it b/c i'm not paying $90-100 for a POC stand...

my roommate is going to kill me... i prolly should've waited until i got another job, but eh... this is my last upgrade until i buy a house, and my corals are outgrowing their 12g... i'm only out $100 too- :happy: a small price for this hobby. got a ton of LR between my display and 10g prop tank, so just will need to drop the 30 or so on some sand. btw, don't expect too many mods, but do expect a new tank thread. lol. :D

fraggle rockette
I've got about 10lbs of LS if you need any.... Seriously. B) I need to badly clean up and sell my AP12 already, lol!

hmmm... how old is it? i was thinking about taking what i could out of my 12g (about 20lbs) so between the two that might do the job... :D

Well it's from my AP12, so about a year old now almost to the day (since being introduced into the tank). I used half of what I had to seed 20lbs. of new sand I put into my 30g, so I have a total of 30lbs. in the 30g now. I left the remaining sand in the Pod, but it's still good and has about a gallon and a half of water over it, so it's all totally submerged. For you, you can have it for free!

fraggle rockette
Well it's from my AP12, so about a year old now almost to the day (since being introduced into the tank). I used half of what I had to seed 20lbs. of new sand I put into my 30g, so I have a total of 30lbs. in the 30g now. I left the remaining sand in the Pod, but it's still good and has about a gallon and a half of water over it, so it's all totally submerged. For you, you can have it for free!

sweet- i'm gonna have to take you up on that! i dont know when im driving up to sherman oaks to get my tank yet- it'll cost me the same in gas but at least i wont be punching a fexex guy in the face for breaking my tank! hopefully next week tho... i still need to hit goodwill or out of the closet and find/mod a stand for it. where are you located? i'd hate for you to drag it to the mns... haha. let me know- i'm super excited now! :D

I CANT FIND MY CAMERA!!! :(

sigh... time to clean the room. again. always. sigh.

lol, I always make sure my camera at least never gets buried under all of my junk here. :P

lol, I always make sure my camera at least never gets buried under all of my junk here. :P

Geez! How do you loose your camera?

I CANT FIND MY CAMERA!!! :(

sigh... time to clean the room. again. always. sigh.

Sounds like my place... Tank = Pristine / Room - House = Not so much. :D

I heard you mention you needed sand. I have this sitting here.....6 lbs. of Kent Marine biosediment. It's yours if you need it for a few bucks.

157343757_518535258_0.jpg

And I think you're a little overdue on pix.....

fraggle rockette

well guys, it's that time... PICTURES!!!!! :D

IMG_6127.jpg

looks like a LFS threw up in my tank! lol.

IMG_6132.jpg

a closer shot of the non-existent sand bed

IMG_6128.jpg

zoas from nano-paulie :)

IMG_6129.jpg

even more zoas from nano-paulie! :D

IMG_6130.jpg

and a few more behind that dirty glass :blush:

THANKS NANO-PAUL!!! YOU'RE AWESOME!!!

also, i cleaned up at the frag swap last weekend- here's my prop tank:

IMG_6133.jpg

and

IMG_6134.jpg

thanks to everyone who i swapped frags with, bought from, and the random gifts as well!!! :happy:

sadly, there won't be a lot more going on in this thread as far as i can see... because the 24g will be up and running this weekend!!! :happydance: maybe the 12g will become something else... haha

as a sendoff to the new thread, here's my clown goby doing his usual gobiness.

IMG_6131.jpg

that's all for now!

your tank is sooooo sick!

I just started and patience sucks:) cant wait to put something in the damn thing:) anyways your tank is sick:) hopefully mine will turn out half as good:)

ZOMG!1 Your tank is looking mighty sweet, Veronica! B) Maybe one day you can spare me some of that sea fan. ;) But anywho, you're tank is looking like how mine did before I upgraded, which is rather packed, lol! I just upgraded my tank link with a new FTS from last night.

fraggle rockette
ZOMG!1 Your tank is looking mighty sweet, Veronica! B) Maybe one day you can spare me some of that sea fan. ;) But anywho, you're tank is looking like how mine did before I upgraded, which is rather packed, lol! I just upgraded my tank link with a new FTS from last night.

of course! i'll be fragging it soon enough, especially to fit it better in the new tank- i am in love with fans! lol. :D

Me too, but everywhere (including PR) want's so much for them. They can't possibly be worth $50 or so, can they?? =/

Archived