1 Emerald Crab

nano15.jpg

nano16.jpg

nano17.jpg

nano18.jpg

nano19.jpg

nano20.jpg

nano21.jpg

(Edited by jtown at 4:28 am on Mar. 8, 2002)

Quote: from JAIbarra on 9:54 am on Mar. 8, 2002[br]Hey!  Looks exactly like my tank when I started, nice and clean.  What are you planning on adding later?

I have no idea .... so far I've decided on 2 percs, but I don't know what corals etc.  time to start some research.  I was thinking about getting the frag package from a store online like Carrie did so I can watch everything grow.

Yours looks just like mine! Except you have more critters. Keep us posted on the frag package if you get it. I am still trying to figure out what to put in mine.

Cool snails. Did you paint the back of your tank?

Quote: from paulasue on 11:00 pm on Mar. 8, 2002[br]Yours looks just like mine! Except you have more critters. Keep us posted on the frag package if you get it. I am still trying to figure out what to put in mine.

Cool snails. Did you paint the back of your tank?

thanks!!!  I will keep updating on my tank.

the back is my wall. :)

Very nice pics! I think your rock formation looks very appropriate and balanced , especially since you have a tank that's long rather than tall. It will look great!

Post a close up of your scarlet- I am still thinking about getting one...

If you are interested , I posted an update on the frags I got (with pics). I am really glad I went the frag route. Here's the link to the frag update post:

http://www.nano-reef.com/cgi-bin/forums/to...um=1&topic=1540

NanoReefer53

very nice.

I would suggest burying the rocks into the sand a little more though. As your tank matures and creates start forming everywhere, the sand will shift and so will your rocks if they're not firmly planted. Actually I hear yours suppose to put in rock then sand to keep it really stable.

Quote: from NanoReefer53 on 12:29 am on Mar. 9, 2002[br]very nice.

I would suggest burying the rocks into the sand a little more though. As your tank matures and creates start forming everywhere, the sand will shift and so will your rocks if they're not firmly planted. Actually I hear yours suppose to put in rock then sand to keep it really stable.

ya, the rocks touch the bottom.  The sand is really fine so it's not hard to get it down there.  Problem is that it's alost lookse, but the rocks are all leaning on each other firmly in place.  here's another if you haven't seen it in the other post.

nass.gif

(Edited by jtown at 12:53 am on Mar. 9, 2002)

Quote: from Carrie on 12:00 am on Mar. 9, 2002[br]Very nice pics! I think your rock formation looks very appropriate and balanced , especially since you have a tank that's long rather than tall. It will look great!

Post a close up of your scarlet- I am still thinking about getting one...

If you are interested , I posted an update on the frags I got (with pics). I am really glad I went the frag route. Here's the link to the frag update post:

http://www.nano-reef.com/cgi-bin/forums/to...um=1&topic=1540

thanks carrie, only 1 of my 3 scarlets is a real workhorse.  The big one digs through the sand all day and takes a few breaks here and there.  The other two just sit on my rock and bask in the PC light or hide in my caves.  I'll try to take some individual pics of my guys once they come out.

I find it funny how the cerith and nass climb to the top of the tank and then suddenly fall down ... kinda weird to see a falling snail out of the corner or my eye.  One cerith has done it like 3 times ... one time I had to help him right himself.

this tank was a great idea.  I waste so much time just staring at it.

Archived