inTank Media Baskets

KMitch's Holy Grail 22gal Reef

KMitch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not going to lie....

all 3 pics look the same

Yeah you have to really look at the shadows it casts on the back to notice, my camera trys to make up for the colors automagically. Its very noticeable in person and will be when I get stuff in that tank.

We now have moonlights setup. I think were pretty much ready to go until the move tomorrow morning. I might still shift a few things around in the tank but I am pretty pleased with what i have now. I am not setting up the ATO right away, I want to see how the water level fluxes before installing that.

Chamber 1: In order of contact with water, filter floss, purigen, chemi clean, LR rubble

Chamber 2: fuge with marine biosediment, mangroves, cheato

Chamber 3: return with SCWD and protien skimmer/heater. Hopefully the way I have it setup the water will move first thru the remora before being returned.

All my fish are eyeing the tank sitting on the floor with great intrigue... or maybe they are just doing the usual fish thing, hard to say

my 29gal just finished its cycle so I am sharing the feeling of getting a huge tank.... up grading from my 10gal

Good Luck!

travisurfer
travisurfer lets go steal the cooler!

I'm game. We'll split the corals. You can take the cherub for your 29. I'll take her clown. It looks like she had some nice rock too. I guess we can split that as well. Any other scraps we can leave on the carpet. I've ordered a chopper to come drop us off there at 10:55. That gives 5 minutes to get in and get out. Heck, why don't we just take the tank too.

we have water, i've decided to run skimmerless

hey i've been busy putting in LR and paying with it all to get it just right.... i'll post a pic, one sec

First Chamber:

IMG_4965.JPG

Cooler of Livestock:

IMG_4966.JPG

The disaster of my apt:

IMG_4971.JPG

And shes alive:

IMG_4973.JPG

Everythings been going for awhile now, coral and fish are all back in:

IMG_4974.JPG

Yeah it is just a hair off level, thats because the stand was moved a hair and is on carpet. As the carpet settles it will level back off, not a problem.

KM

Look good - but need more boobs

HAHAHAHAHA

Nice tank Kris - you're making the rest of us jealous. Wish my tanks were as cool as yours.

Look good - but need more boobs

HAHAHAHAHA

ManBoobs.jpg

There you go

On a serious note, I am pretty displeased about the output of the pump actually. Theres definately wave motion, but not like i was hoping. I either need a bigger pump or throw a MJ into the tank with a hydro...

Well... bad news. The tank runs really hot right now. The MH needs some fans blowing accross it. My temps jumped to almost 83 before I pulled the plug. Going to try and get some fans now.

Also looks like my clown got injuried during the move, not sure how, but hes swimming fine. Just shows two marks on his back. Hopefully Moe will pull through for me.

Just got a fan to try and work on this heat issue--- also going to work on increasing the flow somehow.

Pics will be up soon.

Nice tank were did you get. Do you have a link thanks . God your tank makes me want to throw my tank out the window and steal yours :ninja:

-Mac :happy:

Tank now:

IMG_4976.JPG

Fans I mounted to try and control the temps, I think I am going to need another because its still running hot.

IMG_4980.JPG

Another FTS:

IMG_4982.JPG

Moe's Injuries. You can see the two white patches back by his tail. Hes out and fairly active so I am hoping he pulls through this. Hes been with me from the start!

IMG_4987.JPG

Another FTS:

IMG_4989.JPG

Today has definately had some downs to it. My angel fish died. No visible reason why, salinity was a little high (1.029 which I dropped down slowly to 1.025) but I think the stress of the move got him. Bummer.

Also havent seen the red head pseudochromis and yellow watchman in awhile. All my inverts are FINE which is bizzar that something is bothering the fish but not the inverts. All other water params check out. I havent found bodies and they are both small fish, so I am hoping were just hiding bc of stress.

Gotta work on that heat issue tomorrow. Until then, enjoy!

Archived