Cultivated Reef

2 unknown creatures

Kingpo

And one of them freaks me out.

The first thing I saw this morning is this:

possibly_baby_xenia.jpg

I thought it looked like some arm of xenia I have but then again don't think it travels this way. Would it be aiptasia? If so, would this anemone at baby stage have less arms than the regular adult. The thing in my glass had only 6 tiny arms. It was there a while but then fell or was swept by the current.

The second thing is someking of worm. Really ugly in my opinion but wait 'til you see it move. It stands there for 2 secs and then makes his move forward. Kind of creepy to me.

Here's a pic of the monster (really small btw):

id_please.jpg

Thanks

#2, i had something like that. they looked like small white garden slugs with some OD green speckles on the back. 3 of them took out appx 25 clove polyps in days. 3 slugs, egg colony and 3 weeks later i have a few clove polyps back

if its the same as what i have they are very selective feeders(never touched zoas, shrooms or xenia)

wow nevermind, those slugs i had moved nothing like that...

#2 does it move from that spot or stay anchored and just move the way it shows in the video.

It's actually moving away and doesn't stand on a single spot. When I stoped filming, it kept moving and eventually fell on the substrate. Lost its sight afterwards...

Archived