^New Lights!  Muahahahaha!

featherduster.jpg

snails.jpg

firefish.jpg

firefish2.jpg

firefish3.jpg

nudi1.jpg

nudi2.jpg

Some of these pictures are about 5 weeks old, the others only about 2 weeks.

I don't have any really recent shots, but I have added a neon goby and some mushrooms since the last shot.

I had an algae outbreak but it is starting to clear.

The pretty little firefish jumped out of a 1/4 inch crack in my unfinished hood.  I don't know how he found it, but he did.  I tired my best to make my hood tight for him.  :(

Right now the tank is a 10-gallon, CC, 19Lbs LR, Red Sea Prizm Skimmer, Penguin Bio-Wheel Mini, 50 watt heater, 72 Watts of PC light (1 10,000K and 1 Actinic 03) , misc snails and hermits, a neon goby, purple and silver shrooms, several featherdusters, and a couple of unidentified nudis.

:P

(Edited by OscarBeast at 7:40 pm on Mar. 11, 2002)

I went flashlight diving last night and found some critter that looked like a cylinder with wings swimming around the tank.  

It kind of looked like it was flying instead of swimming.

Odd little creature.

They were sold to me as a type of Trochus.  

As to what type exactly, I have no clue.

The are slow moving algae eaters and do an OK job.  They tend to be sleepy little guys and stay in one spot for long periods of time.  

They are attractive and unusually clean.  Two weeks later and one of them is starting to grow quite a bit of purple coralline algae.  I guess then he will be all purple.  :P

Sorry I couldn't tell you much more about them.  Maybe I will have to hit up Dr. Ron to see if he can figure it out.

Archived