Top Shelf Aquatics

Porcelin crab & it's colour

R*Frost*

I went to the LFS and was busy watching a porcelin crab filter feeding (with i thought looked pretty sweet)......... THEN i saw a turbo snail about 5" big and sitting on it's massive shell about a fist size was a purple, orange and red crab on it's back filter feeding just like the porcelin crab next to it.

MORE DETAIL

the crab was about 1" big most of it's body was purple and it had orange stripes round some of it's legs and red bits on it. HAS any 1 got an idea what this is?

deacon hemp

R frost i belive it was another color morph of the porcelin crab,i see the white speckled normal one's at my lfs all the time,and i have see the colored ones on rc.if i see colored one's for sale i'm getting one!

truely spectacular :), looks great but mine is ful deep purple nearly if i get a pic ill post it.

p.s do you have a porcelin crab, or any feeding info on one?

deacon hemp

frost i don't have one yet,like i said if i seen one like yours or like the pic i attached i'd get one.i have an anenome with clowns in my tank and i don't want to #### off moma clown by adding the crab! as for feeding they just filter feed and you can give them a peice of shrimp every once and a while,i don't know if they would filter dt's?or not.i would like to see a pic of yours if u get 1.

Archived