SaltCritters.com

My new 12 GAllon eclipse

steven26

My Eclipse 6

Thats a very nice tank. Did you mean 1-12-02? and not 1-12-01? And also, I'm pretty sure... someones gonna comment on your bio wheel...

Thanks for the reply yes i did mean 1-12-02.I started the tank with live rock from my 55g that waS a year old it started eveything really fast.The bio whell wasnt't in there at first but i installed it for extra aereation.I feed the tank twice a week with dt's.And a few frozen brine shrimp.

I think what My Eclipse 6 means about commenting on the bio wheel is that someone's going to say "better get it out of there".  

So, I will say from experience and research, IMO you should remove the bio wheel.  Although they are wonderful in FW (of which I have one there in my 29g), they are not good in SW.  They raise the nitrates and in the nano, that is not a good thing.  I am still fighting to get my nitrates lowered from running the bio wheel.  What I would suggest is using the filter as a sump/aereation filter without the bio wheel or filter media.  Your live rock will do the filtration for you.  Then unlike your 55, don't forget to do your water changes weekly.

This is just my opinion.  Everyone has slightly different.  Good luck.  Nice looking tank.

Archived