Cultivated Reef

Looking for some free frags of anything or hermits/snails!

Vertigo

I know alot of ppl post that they give away some items sometimes and I would like to get in on a freebie! I am one of those ppl that has never won anything and if it wasnt for bad luck I would have not luck at all! that is my pitty story anyway :happy: IF anyone has anything that they could spare like ZOOS or some kinda clean up crew members or any small fish that would go good with 2 clowns in a 12 Gallon Nano Tank PLEASE let me know! Thanks guys and gals!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is your tank really only 2 days old? you may want to hold off on fish, expecially.

otherwise, maybe offer an off topic trade for something?

My tank is only 2 days old, the LR is 2 months cured along with 6 month cured sand. It is holding great levels and by Friday will be reading what it needs to to contain live of fish or corals. ;)

I would still let your tank cycle

using cured rock from a cycled tank and sand out of another tank he shouldn't have a cycle... yeah i'd watch it for a little while for spikes, but he should actually be good to go.

using cured rock from a cycled tank and sand out of another tank he shouldn't have a cycle... yeah i'd watch it for a little while for spikes, but he should actually be good to go.

Thanks, Yea there wouldnt be anyway I would put something that shouldnt be in the tank. I want to get some zoos started though, That is my fav. I will later on get some clowns. I probly will only put clowns in the tank. I have read and read about alot of problem with mixing things and I dont want to have a fight going on in the tank. Thanks you'll and if someone has anything please feel free to PM me!

Well my tests are coming back as everything A-OK for live stock! I will be taking a sample to my LPS to make sure tomorrow! If anyone has some extra frags. I will give it a very happy home! Thanks guys!

Its all in how you look at it. Some ppl have alot of frags and want to helpout. I am asking because I live almost too far away from a LPS that carries them. It is a full days trip to go off like that to pickup a frag once a week or month. Then just keep in mind I would have to bring all 4 of my kids with me and then I couldnt shop! ;) But you got to love'em. I dont have a local reef club either too rural. The closest clubs to me are Coon Hunting Club, LOL. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I will just stay with fish I should be ok. ;)

even if it was cured, time spend moving and arranging will kill some of the micro-orginisms on it. Really, please, let it have a chance, you will still have a small cycle.

I got live rock out of Mvites 100gal prop system, and i still had a cycle, altough miniscule, it was there, and could of killed livestock!

patience is the mark of a good reefer.

Good luck!

I understand and take everything into consideration. Thanks and levels on my water checks was GREAT by my LPS! I bought 2 Clowns and will wait another week or 2 to get any frags!

The Propagator

I want free coral to damn it !!!

:haha:

and a XKE Jaguar you might happen to have collecting dust in the back yard too if you dont mind.

Brother I would DEFINATELY NOT put any more fish in that tank if I were you.

I know it looks like a lot of room in thier right now, but its just barely large enough for the two clowns you have now.

and a XKE Jaguar you might happen to have collecting dust in the back yard too if you dont mind.

Brother I would DEFINATELY NOT put any more fish in that tank if I were you.

I know it looks like a lot of room in thier right now, but its just barely large enough for the two clowns you have now.

I am not asking for a hand-out. I am just the kinda person who is friendly and am not afraid to ask for something. If I had extra frags or anything in my tank and could spare to give a few away to help save someone new some cash and time, I would give some away. Its also not like I live close to ANYONE or ANY LPS. Everything is at least 1-1.5 hours away from me. I didnt ask for a car either. A frag is a VERY SMALL piece of a Zoanthid or Polyp. This thread was started to see if I could get some help obtaining a few sample pieces. You was new too, and if someone would have gave you a few frags you would've been tickled sh****ss. I tell you what if my clowns ever reproduce I would give everyone of them away on here! I wouldnt have any use for that many. And things are looking good with them. Just keep in mind that I an not a taker, I also want to give back. On the 2 clowns being enough in this tank, as for fish in there I would agree, but I have researched this for about 2 months and have found that I can also place Corals, Polyps, Zoanthids, Anemones, Dawarf Hermit Crabs, Sand Sifting Snails, Cleaner Shrimp and alot of others. A Watchman Gobey to go in there would be great too. But not at this time. I also will be looking for a few cheap plans to make a very small skimmer. I am pretty creative and will make a wolv2377 design very soon that others with nanos could use. Thanks to everyone that has offered advise to me in the past. You have saved alot of headache and worry. And if anyone has any frags that they could spare, I would be more than happy to take it and give it a home! Until later have a great weekend!

Koral krazy (reefer 365)

Your tank has only been running for six days? I'm surprised that you've been able to keep the clownfish, that's really too soon for anything but a clean up crew.

Word on the street is that if you ask a guy named Propagator for some free stuff, he has a 100 gal prop tank he's willing to pick stuff from and just send ya, free of charge and shipping. :P

Your tank has only been running for six days? I'm surprised that you've been able to keep the clownfish, that's really too soon for anything but a clean up crew.

Yea the clowns look pretty happy other than they are not used to a reef like tank and was breed in all glass and now they dont know what to do. I double checked with my LPS and had them do a water sample test to test for anything wrong. He told me that I had 2 options. I could either start with Zoo and let them sit in the tank for a month or two before getting any fish, or I could get 2 clowns and maybe in a week or 2 come get some Zoo(he doesn sell a NOOB like me anything without a water sample which is cool as hell) I trust him 100%. I know that the tank has a nitrite spike that would kill any Zoos right now and I dont want that. I have had a problem with the clowns though...they either over night yesterday developed a fungus or ich spots and I have been treating them out of the tank 30-60 mins with Instant Oceans LifeGuard tabs. Today I have noticed that it is slowly going away. This is a newer produce that isnt an Antibiotic. The product covers everything from Ich to Fin Root! Which is great! I also dont want to treat my whole tank and lose anything. I am determined to keep these clown alive and health. I will go this coming week Thursday and get my water checked to see if I am in the good for a small Zoo.

Word on the street is that if you ask a guy named Propagator for some free stuff, he has a 100 gal prop tank he's willing to pick stuff from and just send ya, free of charge and shipping. :P

Nah..I will not beg no one for anything...I was asking to see how well this community does each other. I know that before long I will need to either trade or give away alot of things like Clown Babys a or Frags that I want to make on my own. I am very interested in this hobby so it will not be too much longer before I make a 80-150 gallon on my own from scratch. I am just like that. I have done fresh water for over 3 years and know alot about fresh water fish and have always been looking for a cheaper method of keeping salt water and with all the information this site has to offer its members I have gained the nerve to think ok this is completely possible. Again, thanks guys. Happy to be a member and this is a great website!

I was just joking to see if Prop would catch that.

I know you was. I just didnt want everyone to think that I am going to beg for something.. :D Anyway guys thanks and wish me luck!

Someone out there will eventually have something they're trimming back or wanting to share. I've had someone send me some anethelia and mushroom that they trimmed back and they even turned down my offer to pay for shipping. If my stuff was growing like a weed, or at least growing much, I would be glad to help out, but my tanks are currently still in the filling in stages and don't have much that is grown out enough to cut back.

good luck to you though.

Another good place to look for frags that are cheap or free is reefcentral.com. Find your local marine aquarium group and join up with them. Today alone I responded to posts for free xenia and $5 candy canes.

Another good place to look for frags that are cheap or free is reefcentral.com. Find your local marine aquarium group and join up with them. Today alone I responded to posts for free xenia and $5 candy canes.

I know but I dont have a local group! Or at least 1 close by me. I will checkout later on to see if I can come up with something though. Thanks

HecticDialectics
I know but I dont have a local group! Or at least 1 close by me. I will checkout later on to see if I can come up with something though. Thanks

How many jobs do you have? If it's less than 3 then you aren't working hard enough... People with jobs can buy stuff online and then pay shipping! Crazy, but effective. Edit: Unless, of course, you're stugglin to live on your own

http://www.easttnreefclub.com/

http://mtrc.org/

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=227

http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=383

And because I'm really nice, I'll even link you to a LFS thread in the East Tennessee forum!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=724684

B)

Archived