Innovative Marine Aquariums

My Eclipse 6

My Eclipse 6

My Eclipse 6

13.JPG

Here's a pic of my 3 week old nano. I bought this orange colored damsel but can't find any information on it... the petstore has it labeled as a "red eyespot damsel"...  At the moment, I have 6 hermit crabs and the damsel. I'm planning on adding either a peppermint, camel, or skunk cleaner shrimp in the near future, just don't know which one... any suggestions would be appreciated!! (Also, how many shrimp am I allowed to place in a 6 gal. tank?)

NanoReefer53

Very nice starting. I would get some snails for clean-up crew too.

I had that same kind of damsel when I first started cycling (now in my uncles 120). They named it Chocolate Damsel but i can't find any info on it either.

Christopher Marks

You are off to a great start!  Good job.

I would recommend keeping only one shrimp in your nano reef - and the skunk cleaner get's my vote.

I would say the Skunk Cleaner will be the most attractive and has the most personality, it is probably about 5-6 dollars more than a peppermint, but very much worth it IMO. Did you know they will try to clean your fingers if you put then in the tank?

:freak2:gaber:freak2:

My Eclipse 6

Here's another picture of my tank from the top looking down (I was bored...) At first, I had the rocks as far back as possible but that was a dumb idea since I couldn't reach the back to clean the acrylic so I moved the rocks up a little so now I'm able to reach the back. :) I think I will get a skunk cleaner shrimp like you guys suggested but my LFS doesn't have any at the moment and this other fish store sells them for 25 bucks! Whoa... I think I'll wait.

MVC-011S.JPG

appstateguy

just a question fo you all.... why do so many people feel the need to clean the backs of their tanks??? i have featherdusters, baby pods, and coraline growing all over the back of my tank and i think it looks pretty cool.

My Eclipse 6

Just personal preference I guess... I have a blue background on the back of my tank and it looks bad (I think) when theres stuff growing against the wall. When the back of the tank is clean, the blue background reflects off the sides of the tank on the inside and it makes the whole tank look really blueish and it looks awesome. But like I said, its just personal preference.

I have a Coral Branded and a Cleaner Shrimp in My Ecplise 6, the coral doesn't like the cleaner near it when it's eating, but the cleaner is too fast for the coral to ever catch

quiksilver5768

Koaps...you have a coral banded and a skunk cleaner in a 6 gal nano? woah...i wouldn't try it just because i wouldnt want my coral banded to rip up a skunk cleaner. How did you get them to ignore and not bother each other?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived