Cultivated Reef

acrylic 6g long

exigency

That's sweet. I love long, short, small tanks like that. I want to build my wife one too. The pic isn't too bad but I would love to see some better ones.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i believe he's using 2x24w T5 HO's.

on the dot. i am using a sunlight TEK T5 HO retrofit with 1 true atinic and 1 6k bulb with a total of 48w.

ahah, world peace it is! we'll see, with my plans for livestock, world war III will probably break out >:]

What? You gonna put a tang in there?

wow very nice love the long shallow look, is that counter top the final resting place?

yeah, it's going to be on that counter in the living room for guests to view and stare in awe of it's beauty, haha..

What? You gonna put a tang in there?

haha, nah. i am planning on getting a small fu manchu after i get a skimmer. the war begins now..

Reverse Logic
haha, nah. i am planning on getting a small fu manchu after i get a skimmer. the war begins now..

So facial hair will start World War III? I always assumed it would be China or Democrat leadership . . .

Forgive the ignorance but "fu manchu" in this realm is . . . what exactly?

-Reverse

haha, i've yet to build a pendant, but will do so soon.

love the tank!!!!! would like to see more pictures.Only 1 comes thru on your last set.

tank looks sweet but what's up with the ghetto wiring? You looking to collect on your homeowner's insurance?

I agree

haha, i've yet to build a pendant, but will do so soon.

Thank god. I was hoping that reply was coming. Sweet tank man but that wiring looks like a nightmare.

love the tank!!!!! would like to see more pictures.Only 1 comes thru on your last set.

really? all the pics show for me. i'll take some more pictures soon.

looks great so far! how's the evap on it so far?

i'd say about 1 cup of RO water a day to top off. i ghetto-rigged an ATO with some flex-hose tubing and a dripper from home depot routed to a bucket of RO water.

I agree

Thank god. I was hoping that reply was coming. Sweet tank man but that wiring looks like a nightmare.

haha, i'll make a pendant when i get the time away from school.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the clam, and the sig :)

You outta paint those PVC returns. Krylon Fusion is reef safe after drying as it bonds to the plastic and stays inert when dry.

yes, i've heard of krylon fusion, i probably won't be able to do it unless i tear the whole tank down. oh well, it's alright, no biggie.

• 2 weeks later...
haha, hopefully..this b-ionic better be on my side :D

What are you using to glue the pvc together with?Is is the blue glue that you would use for sprinklers?If so, is that safe as far as leaking chemicals into the water?

What are you using to glue the pvc together with?Is is the blue glue that you would use for sprinklers?If so, is that safe as far as leaking chemicals into the water?

from pvc to pvc, i just use primer. for pvc to acrylic, i use marine goop sold at home depot.

• 2 weeks later...

i will be taking pics and uploading them on wed/thurs, quite a bit has changed, a little reaquascaping, new corals, and nice maturation. i am not gone from the scene yet!

Archived