Top Shelf Aquatics

acrylic 6g long

exigency

hey ladies and gents! some of you may remember my 3g picotope that i drilled, but anyways, it's been a long time and i've been out of the scene for quite a while, but i have started a new acylic 6g long that has been built from scratch from a good friend of mine, Dat Monkey. pics will be up soon!

so far, the tank is finished and has been drilled. the dimensions of the tank are 24" x 6" x 8". sand will most likely be tahitian moon and i will transfer most of my corals from my old 3g tank into this new one. lighting will be a TEK t5 HO retrofit with 6k + pure actinic bulbs. the pump will be a mag 3, much more details to come!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here are some pictures. we've made a mistake spray painting the back of the tank, so the overflow's white color still shows. it's a bit of a drag, but hopefully no one will notice it :D, i'll attempt to cover it with LR anyways.

DSC_50260005.jpg

DSC_50240004.jpg

DSC_50130003.jpg

DSC_50120002.jpg

DSC_50110001.jpg

Reverse Logic
here are some pictures. we've made a mistake spray painting the back of the tank, so the overflow's white color still shows. it's a bit of a drag, but hopefully no one will notice it :D

Mixxing a little white in with the black . . . seems appropriate for Black History Month. Looks good, promotes racial harmony, maybe your tank will bring world peace. :: shrugs :: It could happen . . .

Without a snicker or a smart comment I'll say, that though size doesnt matter, I do like the look of long tanks.

-Reverse

Socalsuperhero
ahah, world peace it is! we'll see, with my plans for livestock, world war III will probably break out >:]

I'm really liking this tank. Keep up the great work!

Reverse Logic
i'm sorry, i did the math and it comes out to be a 4.98 gallon tank..the sump is about 4 gallons. ah! my life is coming to an end..

4.98!! 4.98!!!! I'm taking back all of my nice comments then. I feel cheated. I feel robbed. IF you can't trust someone on NR.com . . . and you cant trust the LFS people . . . and you cant trust the government to tell the truth about the aliens . . . I mean what's left?

Is someone gonna' try and say NASCAR is REAL racing too?

-Reverse

Wow! I love this tank. Dimensions are great, looks awesome so far. Hope to see it full very soon. Is that 1/4" or 1/2" acrylic? Best wishes for that great DIY

Wow! I love this tank. Dimensions are great, looks awesome so far. Hope to see it full very soon. Is that 1/4" or 1/2" acrylic? Best wishes for that great DIY

it is 1/2 cast acrylic

That is a nice tank. Could you post pics of the back with the overflow setup?

yes, the setup was postponed till today. i will take pictures later this afternoon once i get started.

thank you everyone for your support and hopefully you'll continue to support once you see my crazy ideas.

Archived