Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How often should I feed my clownfish

monkeytrumpets

My clown started eating too! For me, it was actually the live brine that got him going, and now he's eating pretty regularly.

He actually doesn't like the cyclopeez yet, and he tries eating the Spectrum pellets, but it seems like it might be too big because he keeps eating and spitting it out.

Quick question about cyclopeez: I bought some last week from my LFS, but the packaging looked really really old, so I'm wondering if it's gone bad somehow...the flakes are actually a little moist...is that normal?

Edited by allenhah
My clown started eating too! For me, it was actually the live brine that got him going, and now he's eating pretty regularly.

He actually doesn't like the cyclopeez yet, and he tries eating the Spectrum pellets, but it seems like it might be too big because he keeps eating and spitting it out.

Quick question about cyclopeez: I bought some last week from my LFS, but the packaging looked really really old, so I'm wondering if it's gone bad somehow...the flakes are actually a little moist...is that normal?

I've got powder and flakes. The flakes are totally dry. I don't think they should be moist at all. Sounds like you've got a product that was exposed to some moisture or it's just old.

monkeytrumpets

Congrats! I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better knowing that he's finally eating. I was a wreck until then!

Mine were totally dry as well. Perhaps you got a bad package? Bummer if that's the case.

Total bummer...yeah I figured something wasn't quite right about it. The fish weren't going totally crazy for it either, which caused a little confusion. Thanks for the feedback!

monkeytrumpets

I got mine to eat the Spectrum pellets today. I tried crushing them up and soaking them in Garlic Guard and he devoured them. Then just out of curiosity I dropped one whole one in and he ate it immediately. Maybe some garlic would help yours to eat pellets?

• 12 years later...
Tatyanatheonewith15

Hi what i have a problem with is if my big clown fish over eats he gets lock jaw but I do need to feed my gobie and my other clown fish and they eat slow so what should I do