Innovative Marine Aquariums

Out of the box Nano Update

rickjg

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/rick_j_g

Click on: MY PHOTO ALBUM / THUMBNAIL / SHOW ALL

The Xenias are doing great. They have been split twice now. The last time was just yesterday. I put a empty turbo snail shell next to the xenia and it attached in one day. I cut it lose from the original group and it is pulsing away.

wow. that great looking. xenia on one side, big shrooms on the other. great job.

i think my  LFS has that exact same tank on display at the counter, how much did you pay for it?? i think it was 200-250 at the store. (but of course, theyre always overpriced)

Hi jrhietikko,

The tank & heater cost was $130

Live rock & live sand ran about $60

Mushrooms, xenia frag & torch frag was around $70

Banded coral shrimp, 2 hermit crabs, 4 bumble bee snails, 2 small turbo snails and 2 skunk clowns (just added this week) ran about $50.

Grand total to date $310

Yes those are flat worms all over my rocks, sand & glass. Did I forget to mention there are 62,357 of them in my tank? They came in on the mushroom rock. I didn't check the rock before dropping it into the tank. Seems like most of the LFS around here are having problems with the worms infesting their tanks, and then giving them to the  customers for no additional charge. I don't really mind having them in the tank. It is another topic of conversation when someone stops by to visit me at work.  

Archived