inTank Media Baskets

Carpet Anemone?

hollister_08

That picture was posted elsewhere on RC before that, i'll try to find a link.

eh, i can't find it. oh well.

either way, hollister took it.

I wonder why he hasn't come back to post here yet ;) I saw that he had posted a thread wanting to buy a carpet in the classifieds. Its on the third page or so.

Not to stir up trouble, but I kept a 5" haddoni carpet for 10 years in a 10 gallon with PC lights and a Percula. He was very happy until the heater broke 2 months ago and he died. He didn't move much, once every few years and once he found a spot he stayed there. I never had any trouble with it killing anything when it moved but I only had leathers, mushrooms and stuff. I only fed it when it shrank or looked stressed which wasn't very often. It actually was the hardiest thing in my tank (well until it got cold when I wasn't paying attention).

Helfrichs Chick

I knew it wasnt his picture. I think he said its in his parents tank. Look in the contest thread for that month, I made a comment about why its not in any of his tank pictures, or in his gallery. I knew it.

Actually on this topic, I persoanlly got a tiny carpet anem., it was about 2.5 inches about a month and a half ago, and now its up to over baseball size. I gotta get rid of it LMAO. I knew better, and honestly didnt think it would actually grow that fast but he must love my tank. Oh well, back to the LFS he goes, unless someone with a BIG tank wants him here. He is in pictures in my gallery. very healthy, and a super potent sting. Everytime I touch it by accident I am amazed at the power of these, you can actually feel it pulling on you...and the fact that the clowns just love it, and rub up on it like its not sticky at all. Pretty amazing, but IMO these need to be in BIG tanks, lol or left in the ocean.

i'm in an immature mood :D.

now for this thread back on topic, i'll go find the question

you shouldn't trust internet sites for info, they can get it all wrong, they only usually have the animals for a short time.

You must be able to acomodate the carpet fully, I really doubt a haddoni can live in one under usual circumstances.

the lighting will cause a huge amount of evaporation which may swing the SG too much for the anemone, especially in a nano.

just don't get one in a small tank. We all want one but sometimes you just have to restrict yourself. Wait till you get a well payed job and then buy a suitable tank with the works, as I am saving up for and i'm only 14!

Archived