inTank Media Baskets

What do you think of the Seaclone 100 skimmer?

quiksilver5768

quiksilver5768

Hey,

Have any of you had experience with the seaclone 100 skimmer? I heard that its a pretty good skimmer for its price and it does a really good job in removing waste and such....

If any of you have used it or have heard things about it..please give me some feedback on it...

quiksilver5768

^^^

C'mon everyone...i know some of you have had this skimmer before...im just trying to get some opinions on it since I have heard that seaclone has a bad rap and everything...

Hey Quick,

Dunno about the 100 but The seaclone at one of my accounts has yet to pull any junk of merit, I mostly empty Ice tea colored water from it. I keep telling them to upgrade and they tell me it is good enough and they can't spend money on the fish right now (it's been six months) I would buy a good used skimmer on e-bay for $100 rather than take the chance.

HTH,

Toy

When setting up my tank I ordered a Seaclone 100. But a lot of people told me bad things about it so I changed the order to a Prizm. I have looked at the design of the Seaclone and it doesnt look that great. The cyclone of air produced if very narrow and short distance. Bubbles are not as fine as they could be and hence it doesnt perform well.

I have searched and read about this skimmer high and mighty. The only good things I heard about it was when people actually modified it themselves did it perform better.

As toy says, spend $100 on ebay and get a decent skimmer.

You'll be a lot happier with a decent skimmer, trust me.

Dont go for the Seaclone, I was in the same boat as you, and I posted around various sites and didnt get good revies about it.

Just go to ReefCentral and search for Seaclone, you find lots of stuff about it.

Christopher Marks

All I've heard about the seaclone is that it's not very efficient at all, unless you perform some modifications to it. Do a search online - I know there are some hobbyist sites with their mods posted.

quiksilver5768

I posted on reefcentral.com and saltwaterfish.com a while ago about this and got the same rap about the seaclones. I went for a Prizm and they work great! Im very happy with it...The great thing is that my friend got me a 40% discount on it since he works at my LFS...I only paid $50 for the skimmer :)

Archived